Tesco and DUK

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
By all accounts Tesco has a different 'charity' every year and it was our turn this 'financial' year, in April us diabetics will be forgotten.
The good news is that I have a friend who is a stock controller with Tesco and she is genuinely interested in what we want them to stock! I said Livlife bread and full fat yoghurt, anything else you guys can come up with???

Reactions: 2 people

Madbazoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The biggest crooks on the high street. Only interested in profit not customers.. Horsemeat, net caught Tuna, false price comparisons, unhealthy ready made meals. Would never shop there.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

A

Avocado Sevenfold

We were in Tesco yesterday. They are hosting a raffle with the proceeds going to Diabetes UK.

The prize is a huge wicker basket of chocolate biscuits (Tunnocks mainly) plus a big tin of Border Biscuits.

I didn't buy a ticket as I would be too scared I would win! :eek:

Reactions: 8 people
A

AnnieC

The biggest crooks on the high street. Only interested in profit not customers.. Horsemeat, net caught Tuna, false price comparisons, unhealthy ready made meals. Would never shop there.

Some people are Tesco devotees and others possibly do not have a choice as no other supermarkets or shops near them

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

Not sure about the "biggest crooks" bit. You not got any banks on your High St :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I shop in Tesco's every week and put my loose change in the collection box, Tesco's and DUK are doing a fantastic job at raising awareness and funds for diabetes research.

Reactions: 4 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Whether or not you agree with Tesco's ethics, at least they are doing something. More than most can say.

Reactions: 4 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Just send a donation direct to the charity

Yes, that's another option. Whatever suits. Often it's easier to leave some spare change after shopping. The important thing is that DUK gets support as there's not many others queuing up to help out.

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I worked with DUK doing a collection at tesco last year, really enjoyed it actually!!
Together, tesco and DUK have raised loads and loads of money, much more money than if it was just DUK alone.

It doesn't matter what shop it's in, I don't think this thread was asking if you'd shop there. It was about them doing a good thing to help every diabetic in the UK.

Something we should all be grateful for!

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
More low carb options such as low carb tortilla wraps,zero noodles etc

chris9996

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Vegetables
By all accounts Tesco has a different 'charity' every year and it was our turn this 'financial' year, in April us diabetics will be forgotten.
The good news is that I have a friend who is a stock controller with Tesco and she is genuinely interested in what we want them to stock! I said Livlife bread and full fat yoghurt, anything else you guys can come up with???

I think we should be thanking Semiphonic and his friend for being willing to help us. I for one, do use Tesco's and would be worse off without their deliveries. So thanks a lot guys.:)

michaeldavid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not thinking
It doesn't help me - precisely because the likes of Tesco could not possibly help me, in principle.

Just take a look at what's on the shelves.

And take a look at what's in people's baskets - especially overweight people's baskets.

Last edited by a moderator:

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
They are certainly no worse than any other major supermarket. Horses for courses. We all need to shop somewhere. We all choose what to put in our own basket/trolley.

Reactions: 3 people

mrs gimli

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Racists or hatred. Disrespect for people.
I was in tescos yesterday and I saw the duk charity tub made me smile.all shops cheat and lie.tescos same as rest.but we do choose our own shopping.:banghead: