I don't understand.

TuTusweet

I've just read the Express article about the patch you wear for a week with a needle stuck in your arm for that length of time. Sounds lovely. Not. And the article said people are failing to control their blood sugar level because they are failing to test four times a day or more. Why does testing your blood four or more times a day control your sugar levels? If you eat some food and your reading is high what, at that stage, can you do about it? Go to the toilet and stick your fingers down your throat and adjust your food intake that way.. Would your blood sugar level be under even better control if you test 30 times a day ? Or 40 ? How about testing between every mouthful of food.
My moron of a GP put me on Eucreas -one a day--the website clearly states they should be 2 per day and said come back and see me in a year. So I have decided to do 52 times better than she planned and test every week---Saturday morning on waking. Between tests it can do what it likes. If I had a meal and my reading did NOT go up I would seek medical attention because my digestive system would obviously have stopped working.
Since I adopted this approach I have felt a whole lot better. I started to get sucked into worrying about my sugar levels constantly. I quite literally was worrying myself sick.
I have learned that I am easily confused by all the contradictory info on diabetes available on the internet. Are "spikes" dangerous or not could be a fine topic for an argument. I don't understand most of it. Especially how my GP passed her finals.

Bob67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just read the Express article about the patch you wear for a week with a needle stuck in your arm for that length of time. Sounds lovely. Not. .
Link?

And the article said people are failing to control their blood sugar level because they are failing to test four times a day or more. Why does testing your blood four or more times a day control your sugar levels? If you eat some food and your reading is high what, at that stage, can you do about it? Go to the toilet and stick your fingers down your throat and adjust your food intake that way.. Would your blood sugar level be under even better control if you test 30 times a day ? Or 40 ? How about testing between every mouthful of food. .

Wow, most test to see the result of how it affects their BG, too high and don't eat it again or eat a smaller amount. Not rocket science, really.

My moron of a GP put me on Eucreas -one a day--the website clearly states they should be 2 per day and said come back and see me in a year. So I have decided to do 52 times better than she planned and test every week---Saturday morning on waking. Between tests it can do what it likes. If I had a meal and my reading did NOT go up I would seek medical attention because my digestive system would obviously have stopped working.
You're a rebel, take charge of your health.

Since I adopted this approach I have felt a whole lot better. I started to get sucked into worrying about my sugar levels constantly. I quite literally was worrying myself sick.

If your health still isn't important to you this is a good approach to take.

I have learned that I am easily confused by all the contradictory info on diabetes available on the internet. Are "spikes" dangerous or not could be a fine topic for an argument. I don't understand most of it. Especially how my GP passed her finals.

There is more than enough information out there and if its confusing you then educate yourself, ask lots of questions.

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
Testing is a means to an end... it is not the actual way that one controls their sugar levels. You eat , you test, if high ... then you can make an informed decision to avoid that particular food that spiked your levels... Simplz.

Reactions: 4 people

Shell1

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
High gi foods can spike then leave you low. Read up on the GI of foods if its something you like mix with a low gi food and this can balance it out and stop a spike or lessen the amount you spike . Its all really hard but this is a disease that wont go away and will get you down if you let it i no its frustrating but the more you learn about it the better you can handle things .i love the advice i get on this site but what works for one dont always work for everyone so its trial and error and you then can offer your insite and experiences on here to help others x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
How about testing between every mouthful of food.
My moron of a GP put me on Eucreas -one a day--the website clearly states they should be 2 per day and said come back and see me in a year. So I have decided to do 52 times better than she planned and test every week---Saturday morning on waking. Between tests it can do what it likes.
What good is it to test only once a week?