The Cure for Type 2 Diabetes

Lady J

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Standard medical advice is false and designed to make your condition worse. The medical establishment recommend the consumption of trans fat based oils which are known to cause diabetes. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Why would standard medical advice be "designed" to make type 2 diabetes worse?

There is simply no sense behind that. If the NHS thought there was a way to rid the UK of Type 2 diabetes and the associate care costs, I have no doubt it would.

What on earth would be the advantage of making the condition worse on purpose?

LJ

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
John's hypothesis is that getting rid of T2D would put a lot of drug companies and related peripherals out of business.A bit like finding a cheaper way to power cars would put the oil companies out of business.

Knowledge is the key to control

Lady J

And in any event, even those people with diabetes who manage on diet and exercise alone are not "cured" of diabetes, despite not using the drugs.

LJ

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
That's very true.I will never consider myself 'cured',just controlled.Again his thinking is along the lines of medical profession entwined with drug companies etc.

Knowledge is the key to control

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
LJ,

I agree that "designed" was perhaps not the best word for Carefix to have used, with its implication of premeditation rather than incompetence. But the fact remains that the standard advice given by the medical profession, based on government guidelines, really does make diabetes worse. Whether that is by design or accident is largely immaterial.

With regards to trans fats, a statement about trans fats from the Secretary of State for Health as recently as January this year, said that saturated fat remains a far greater risk to the population than trans fats (in reference to heart disease). The findings of the research commissioned by the Danish government into trans fats (as a result of which they banned all use of trans fats) showed that it requires 6g of saturated fat to match the damage caused by 1g of trans fat.

I may be an old cynic but if a government minister were to tell me it was raining, I would be inclined to glance outside to be certain! But when an MP tells me the opposite of a respected research body, then
a) I have absolutely no doubts which one I am going to believe . . . .
b) and I have to question whether there was a motive behind the minister's statement, or whether it was simply based on ignorance.

Lady J

I agree that some advice given is unhelpful - the classic example of this is to suggest that we all base our meals on carbs, which is, of course, not the best plan, at least for T2s.

However, I still think that spending a lot of time or energy on proving some sort of conspiracy theory against diabetes sufferers, to make us all ill or reliant on drugs is unhelpful.

Surely people should be putting their best foot forward and trying to work out how best to manage their condition, instead of being told it's just a big lie made up by drug companies to make money!?

LJ

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I must add my compliments to diabetes UK who have allowed free and open discussions and links to other sites in a way that I have not found possible on other sites.

Hi all, can I further reiterate that we are <b>not</b> Diabetes UK, we are an independent website. As far as I know Diabetes UK have no plans to operate a community or forum.

Regards,

Admin :)

2008 is great

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hi LJ,

You have probably already seen it but there was an article written by Gary Taubes for the New York Times in 2002 which I have personally found to be fascinating and, I have to admit, has certainly coloured my own thoughts as regards government interference and recommendations into what foods are good or bad for us.

The article was called "What if its all been a big fat lie?". Here's a link to it
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h ... sec=health

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
Just to reiterate the comment by Admin that this forum <b>is not run or administered by Diabetes UK.</b>

I am afraid that the confusion was partly down to me in suggesting a while back that it was connected. I was fooled by (a) the similarity in name, and (b) the fact that both were until recently using the hummingbird logo.

This site is completely independent and (to its credit) is not hidebound by ill-thought and lobby-influenced (or party contribution influenced) government dietary guidelines.

Lady J

I always assumed that the site was trying to make itself out to be connected with diabetes uk, especially in the days of the hummingbird logo!

(shoot me for saying this if you will)

And although it's not influenced by lobbyists or whatever, my understanding is that this IS a commerical site...? Ie it makes money from advertising?

LJ

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi LJ,

If and when we do make any profit, we put it straight back into developing the site. However, this site is a commercial entity in that it (aims to) make money to pay the people involved in its running.

Since I've been on board, our goal and intention is to be of maximum service to the diabetic community. I can't comment on the previous direction of the site, but since I've been here our aim is to distance ourselves from .org rather than emulate them in any way, as well as giving our visitors access to opinions, frank and unfettered discussion and peer support of the type not available elsewhere.

If you, or any of the other forum members, have any insight or opinion on how we can achieve this goal more successfully, please let us know and we will work to accomplish it.

Best regards to all of you, I hope this doesn't put people off this space, which I think is of genuine use to everyone.

Admin :)

2008 is great

bluebird

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Grumpy folks and taking tablets
It will not put me off this site I think it's brilliant.

Val

Lady J

I definitely applaud you for changing the look/feel of the site. I no longer think it looks like you're passing it off as being related to the charity when it's not.

The name will always cause confusion, but at least one would hope it means that newbies will find it more easily that way, which I guess is what everyone wants - in other words, to provide help for those who really need it.

LJ

lynrich

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by administrator</i>
<br />I actually saved the entire narrative of the Diabetes Cure thread from the old forum, from the link that Dennis kindly provided. I have it all saved in a notepad file and will send to anyone on request, just email me and I can email. I think this is data that should be in the public domain. Admin, :)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

carefix

Dennis,

I'm back briefly again. Having problems with bereavement, post mortems, funerals and dentistry.

I'm not the originator as I have said before. I'm a messenger and I do subscribe to much of what I have posted and linked to in terms of the cis oil/ EFA diet / trans fats. The *******ysis of treatment policy in the UK is entirely my fault.

"Much of"? You may be thinking? Yes. I think we have proven on this site that trans fats are the cause of diabetes as people have been cured by removing trans fats from their diets and taking a couple of decades worth of the long time missing fatty acids over the course of a year or less. However I am not convinced that everyone is being cured in terms of glucose regulation. It has been noticable to me that glucose regulation normalises very quickly (with shrieks of delight) in some people in a short time and on relatively low spammulative intake of EFAs whereas some people don't seem to have much if any improvement. I guesstimate (because of the lack of supplied data) that regulation is normalised in about a third of cases. Other people have reported other improvements such as to neuropathy and well being and some have experienced massive weight loss.

I have been reviewing my thoughts on what is happening and currently believe that the model of glucose regulation given by T. Smith is only part of the picture. While his model is internally consistent and aparently correct where bg regulation significantly improves or cures it cannot be the case where it does not. In these other cases we often find weight loss and other improvements over the longer term. Weight loss is a sign that the metabolic syndrome is curing and in my interpretation of Smith's model metabolic syndrome is part of the bg control loop. While I have no doubt this is the case I now believe it is not the whole story and that is what I have been looking into. For people who have cured there are two possibilities:

1) Either their bg control was entirely caused by the metabolic syndrome loop.
2) There is a second interruption to the control loop which cures with the application of EFAs in some people.

I currently believe that (2) gives us the right answer because I also believe that "The Cure" completely cures metabolic syndrome in all cases. Note that the word "believe" means "strongly biased towards but I do not know for certain" - but if I had all your data I probably would.

As I have mentioned and as some of you know the metabolic syndrome is the worst part of diabetes which gets intensifies over the years and leads to obesity, weakness, depression and pure hell. No nice ideas of "controlling" diabetes with excercise and a few pills when the quacks have given you that.

The thing about (2) is it explains how you can be thin and get type 2. It also explains why some people don't get a massive weight loss when they try the cure as they do not have a significant metabolic syndrome (yet). Of course people who try the cure and go away disappointed may very well have prevented their condition from worsening and massively reduced any developing metabolic syndrome but they wouldn't know this if they don't have much metabolic syndrome yet. (2) would also allow the possibility of improving bg regulation quickly and with just capsules. Has this happened? The 4 tablespoon regime is aimed at curing metabolic syndrome and it effect on bg regulation. The idea is to give the body as much chance as is possible not to have to re-use trans fatty acids in cell construction. Fish oils are used to give you a broad base of EFA types as trans fats inhibit inter-conversion. The average body cell replaces every two years but some are much quicker, some slower. Brain cells repair rather than replace.

I'm fairly convinced we are dealing with almost two diseases in a sense. I have been looking at the literature and I think I know what is going on. There are possible ways forward. They need to be looked into and tried out where it is safe.....

Which is where I am coming from or perhaps going to at the moment. People do not seem in the main willing to contribute their data to this excercise. As this site is the only place I am aware of where significant numbers of people are being improved or cured of diabetes or related conditions the data would be of enourmous value and when combined with what we have learned could lead the honest research onto the correct path.

A useful question example: If you have cured or significanlty improved your blood glucose regulation, do you have hypothyroidism in your family?

If the answer to this was "no" in all cases the field would narrow markedly.

"...or perhaps going to". I talk of moving on because there are possibilities of taking this further elsewhere. I don't think I can be of much further service here. I started off very sick and not well enough to write or think coherently much of the time. I recovered a great deal with the EFA treatment and believe I have helped a number of people and almost certainly upset a few along the way. I am not as unwell as I once was and I am just about fit enough to get into the research side now. There was no chance of this a couple of years back. My involvement is evolving is what I am saying. I didn't invent "The Cure" but I could take it further...

My main interest in spending time here would be to collect data and *******yse the data wrt the research literature and see how much further we can take this thing. But this demands your co-operation, I cannot do it without and if it happens I wont be doing it alone either.

Is anyone (or several) on this site prepared to run a data collection service to extract, present and collate data from people who are trying The Cure? I can tell you how to do it, just email me. Its not difficult apart from trying to persuade people to save their own skins, that is.

Putting all the data in one place would be very helpful to visitors to this site who have heard about this treatment and want to know what is happening. I myself have little idea as to what is going on. Its all over the place. It makes me squirm. What could have been!

John

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dennis</i>
<br />Hello John,

First let me say how good it is to see you back and posting on here. You have been greatly missed by many of us. Not everyone may agree with your hypotheses, but your posts always provoke thought and debate.

On the omega-3 and omega-6 capsules, what I was trying to say, and looking back not very well, is that after 12 weeks on the recommended high dose level of capsules (2400mg of omega-3 and 600mg of omega-6), and provided you are no longer taking trans-fats, the body's efa levels should be high enough for all new cell production to utilise "good" oils.

I wasn't aware that muscle cells have as long a shelf life as 2 years, but on that basis we certainly would be carrying a good amount of compromised cells. But surely your higher doses of flax oil (omega-3) and hemp oil (omega-6) will not remove the cells that have been corrupted by trans fats any quicker?

carefix

A very good question. "Why is standard medical advice designed to make type 2 diabetes worse"? Ask your doctor that. Why do they recommend that people with heart disease and diabetes switch to a high trans fat diet when the peer reviewed scientific literature and the epidemiology show that trans fats cause and make worse these diseases.

People ate saturated fat for thousands of years before heart disease and diabetes were invented.

As for the NHS isn't it run by doctors with a vested interest in making people ill? Where does the money that goes into the NHS end up? Doctors' and Consultants' pockets?

q: What on earth would be the advantage of making the condition worse on purpose?
a: Money

I wouldn't have believed this until I looked into exactly what was going on. Very few individuals in the system are responsible for what is happening.

John

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Lady J</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Standard medical advice is false and designed to make your condition worse. The medical establishment recommend the consumption of trans fat based oils which are known to cause diabetes. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Why would standard medical advice be "designed" to make type 2 diabetes worse?

There is simply no sense behind that. If the NHS thought there was a way to rid the UK of Type 2 diabetes and the associate care costs, I have no doubt it would.

What on earth would be the advantage of making the condition worse on purpose?

LJ

Lady J

Carefix - suggesting that doctors in the NHS have a vested interest in making people ill is ridiculous beyond belief.

I think you have a severe problem with paranoia.

LJ

Thirsty

Indeed, LadyJ. I was under the impression that it benefits GP's practices to issue as few prescriptions as possible. Tried to get any test strips on prescription recently?