knackered all the time

sailorj

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, been t2 for about 4 years but in last few weeks been having lots of dizzy spells, polyurea, polydipsia and constantly tired. Same symptoms as when 1st diagnosed. So reviewed diet .. no change. BGs swinging with no pattern pre or post meal or time of day. Low carb max 90 to 120 a day. Feel worse with no carbs. Diet controlled still. No wondering if I'll be given drugs if I go to GP. About 1 stone overwight but can't shift it with carb or fat reduction and yes do exercise ... no changes are working. Any ideas?
Thanksgiving

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
BG levels out of target area will certainly make you feel tired. When you say they're "swinging" do you mean highs and lows or something different ? If you exercise, low carb and still not getting levels down I would certainly speak with your doc.

bubblesclaire

I'm exactly the same but been a type 2 since last may. I sleep like a cat...watch tv sleep. Finish work, sleep...sleep, sleep, sleep! husband think I have that apnea sleeping thing. Doctors think I'm depressed...trying to sort it out myself but diet is well controlled so kinda at my wits end...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

K

Kat100

Think you may need some health assistance to feel better might be worth chatting to someone ......
I am t2 and not a low carb person ....I need a few carbs to feel well....
Maybe you could see someone about your diet....

Support here is great, but you must put your health and self first if you are feeling unwell...

Let us know how you get on.....Kat

K

Kat100

Agree with the need to sleep, it's awful to feel do tired, I have other health issues but the tiredness is awful to cope with

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Regarding the fatigue, I'll make my usual suggestion - get your Vitamin D, B12 and iron levels tested. I used to suffer with constant fatigue and depression until I was found to be Vitamin D deficient and prescribed supplementation.

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tiredness can have a number of physical causes, some of which have been mentioned above. They are:
  1. High blood sugar levels
  2. Vitamin D deficiency
  3. Vitamin B12 deficiency
  4. Underactive Thyroid
  5. Iron deficiency anaemia
  6. Depression

sailorj

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tiredness can have a number of physical causes, some of which have been mentioned above. They are:
  1. High blood sugar levels
  2. Vitamin D deficiency
  3. Vitamin B12 deficiency
  4. Underactive Thyroid
  5. Iron deficiency anaemia
  6. Depression
Thanks all, seen gp & having hba next week

sailorj

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks everyone, good advice but other causes ruled out. Will see what hba is next week and keep fighting fatigue! Bms mostly settled to 5_6 pre and in the 7-8 post but occasional 10s in evenings. But dizzy all the time