Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Had my eyes examined today and got the all clear once again, a weight off my mind as I always dread going to the Ophthalmology clinic as it brings back a few bad memories.

Reactions: 3 people

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
Hi Noblehead, that is great news !! I understand the dread that you feel. I had a test where they injected dye into my arm and watched to see what happened behind my eyes, I came out looking like I had been tangoed !!! My skin had turned orange :D

Cherry-Pie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done Noblehead ! :)

I am seeing the Ophthalmology clinic at the mo, having laser surgery on my left eye for the first time in a couple of weeks!

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes, I know what you mean, you always have that fear in the back of your mind.
( also know about the yellow dye, my doctor likes to do this on every test.(I'm not in the UK) It makes me feel slightly nauseous when they inject it. I don't think I've ever turned orange but it certainly causes a an interesting colour to my 'wee'.

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi Noblehead, that is great news !! I understand the dread that you feel. I had a test where they injected dye into my arm and watched to see what happened behind my eyes, I came out looking like I had been tangoed !!! My skin had turned orange :D

Yes, I know what you mean, you always have that fear in the back of your mind.
( also know about the yellow dye, my doctor likes to do this on every test.(I'm not in the UK) It makes me feel slightly nauseous when they inject it. I don't think I've ever turned orange but it certainly causes a an interesting colour to my 'wee'.

Thanks everyone for your kind words :)

Bernie/Phoenix, I've had the dye injection twice, first time around I was fine but the second time I felt awful and was sick and nearly passed out, the colouring in the wee sure does look strange when you see it for the first time :D

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
Bright green wee is really strange, it almost glows in the dark :confused::eek::eek:

Kerry74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hot and spicy food
Ah so happy for u that your eye check went well , got mine next week