Easy Peasy biscuits/cookies -whatever

lilibet

Hi
Recent post re ideas for dinner Patch asked for recipe for peanut butter cookies. Basic recipe is Almond Biscuits and you just add whatever you like

100g ground almonds
1sp Vanilla essence
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
Splenda to taste

Mix it all together, make it into flat biscuit shapes (thicknes as per your preference) and then bake in the oven for about 15 + mins, Keep an eye on it and brown as you wish.
For flavour changes I usually add to the mixture

Dessicated coconut and coconut essence to make, you guessed it! Coconut cookies

Smooth organic peanut butter. Whole Earth has only peanuts, palm oil and salt in it. Add as per preference to make Peanut Butter cookies. Peanut butter is about 9g carbs per 100g so negligible

Chocolate Cookies. 85% green and blacks cocoa powder. Cocoa Powder is about 19g carbs per 100g.

I also add cinnamon to them. Again, just add to taste.
A bigger version of it can be used for base for cheesecakes (add philly, some pureed raspberries)

For the savoury version, cut the splenda and vanilla and add garlic salt, herbs, and anything else that tickles your fancy.

Experiment and enjoy. They are virtually my diabetic lifeline :mrgreen:

L

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Thanks - I shall try them.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
WELL!!!!

I've already done some cheesy ones. I did them thickish and it was like eating a cheese scone.

This morning, I've done some finely chopped shallot, parmesan and pecorino ones and there are some crunchy peanut butter ones in the oven as we speak.

They are DEVINE. Thank you, these will be a regular addition to my diet.

wiflib

dillydog

They sound lovely. Could someone please tell me what oven temperature you cook the biscuits at. Thanks, will give them a try.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did mine in a hot oven, about 200 degrees. They took about 10 - 15 mins. No idea if they will store because they get scoffed before they get cold.

I took some of the cheese and onions ones to a friend who also restricts her carb intake and she loves them.

Oh yes, my daughter has been lowering her intake of carbs for quite a few months now, nothing like we do here, just fewer potatoes, less pasta more sauce, that sort of thing and she has dropped two dress sizes. She says it's easy peasy.

wiflib

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm on this like white on rice!!! Thank you very much.

(I can see peanut butter and chocolate cookies in my future, with EXTRA peanuts!)

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
IanD said:
Thanks - I shall try them.

Just fancied biscuits & a search for "biscuits" & "almonds" found this thread - but look at the date of my post - Sat Feb 07, 2009 !

It worked well - I used 175°C for 12 minutes. Longer time or higher temp could be better to make them more crisp. Now for the variations. :p

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
It resulted in a very stiff mix - my mixer coped OK. I rolled into 20-25 mm balls & pressed into flat biscuits about 5-6 mm thick on a silicone baking tray.