insulin storage

knightsbliss

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
spiders, cheese, crowded places
Well here it gose jus recently ive started a carbcouting course at the nhs and theyve been running things by us and the thing ive been thinking about lately is when your insulin is out the frudge where to store it , frio bags have been mentioned dose anyone else have idea or what do you do ?

knightsbliss

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
If its insulin in use, once removed from fridge ok to leave out of fridge for 30 days at room temp.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Yeah i know but i mean insulin dosent like to get hot say you leave in a car that gets hot ot in the summer you go to the beach jus somethibg to keep it cool ... someone suggested a thermos flask u keep tea in jus things like that ,

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Don't leave it in the car in summer lol, and yes if at beach on a hot day, frio bags are a good option or cold water in a thermos also an option.

Reactions: 3 people

knightsbliss

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Don't leave it in the car in summer lol, and yes if at beach on a hot day, frio bags are a good option or cold water in a thermos also an option.

Well no as you say not a gd idea but as the nurse says if you leave in car on long journeys it still get pretty hot even with windows open but seems gd options or a freezer bag with a very well rapped up freezer pack but rap it up well , jus wondered it people did anything else but i can't say water on the insulin pens is a great idea lol