Atheletes foot

AM1954

Hi has anyone else had this problem, my feet have come out in fluid filled bisters on the souls and heels of my feet. My doctor told me it was a fungal infection made worse by having Diabetes, ive been given Daktacort cream but it does not seem to be clearing after a week.

C

catherinecherub

I'll bump your post up to see if there are other forum members who have experienced this..

If there has been no marked improvement then I would advise you to go back to your G.P.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I had Athletes foot between my little and inner toe for years, it would come and go and I tried all sorts of creams and even tried Lamisil Once, for reasons unknown it eventually cleared up and I've not been bothered for years now, mine wasn't a blister but a small crack in the skin that would go red and itchy.

AM1954

The blisters are so itchy and the fluid smells foul, tried washing feet twice a day and applied cream , relief for about five mins then just goes back to being itchy and sore, think a trip back the doctors is the way to go ;-(

Nicholas Hoare

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also get small blisters on my feet, mainly the heels and sides and they do itch, they seem to last 2 or 3 weeks, go away for a month or 2 and then come back, not been to the doctors about it but I do put Iodine ointment on any blisters that burst to prevent any potential infection.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

scooterlad75

Sounds crazy but, it could be your footwear! I was having small bumps on my feet which we're driving me crazy! I seen the doctor and she mentioned my shoes, that they actually might be caused by friction! I have bought inserts to keep them fresh and a bit softer. I also gave a good course of anti fungal and skin cream for my feet, this has been seeming to work great for me, give it a try and good luck! Also wash my feet at least twice a day then put cream on them. Hope this helps!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Try lavender and/or tea trea oil as an immediate treatment. Both have anti fungal properties and smell reasonably nice.

I once developed athletes foot all over my feet after getting them cold and wet on the bike on a winters day ride (snow, hail etc). It was so painful I could hardly walk, but not diabetes related.

The oils helped a lot.