Foot pain

onlinestevie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People that moan
Hello everyone, I'm a type 2 diabetic on metformin and gliclazide ..

I've recently started a diet and I've already lost 14lb, the problem is I've now started getting a sharp pain in my left foot .. It feels like someone is sticking a knife in my foot !!

I've read about nerve damage and vitamin deficiency and I'm very confused !!

Any help would be much appreciated !!

Thanks

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Hi, well done on the weight loss :) i would say go and get your feet checked out with the doc/dsn/pod asap

onlinestevie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People that moan
I have a appointment on Monday as my muscles are also aching more than they should ... In my job I do lots of lifting and I've noticed my muscles burn more ...

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
you dont take statins by any chance? or maybe another medication, some do cause this, but you wont know until you have your appointment, sorry this is helpful :(

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Sharp pains In the sole of the foot can also be caused by plantar fasciitis. That condition would not, however, cause other muscle pains.

Hope your doc can sort out your problem.

Regards

Doug

onlinestevie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People that moan
I can confirm I do not take any statin tablets , the pain only started after I started loosing weight , sounds silly but my feet seem really thin ! Weird

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i experienced some weird things during & after loosing weight too, serious pins and needles in my feet & hands, i still get them especially when running (been to doc and all is fine), my coxis or what ever its called (my tail bone) is terribly painful even now while i sit on really soft sof, i havent sat comfortably in 6 months or so, i suppose it could be connected

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
hiya. i recommend you see your dr i am type 2 on metformin sr & glizlacide everything being going well 2 years ago had to have a toe removed because got an infection in a toe nothing could be done i am worried now sugars are 29.9 lowest as being 23.5 i am suffering bad asthma at the moment i do not know whether that is sending my sugars high.
thinking of you destiny

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Hi Destiny

Sorry to hear about your asthma and those high blood glucose readings. Your inhalers, if you use them may be having an effect on your level but I would be rushing to my GP or to hospital if I had levels as high as 29.9.

Take care

Doug

brianalmond

Type of diabetes
Type 2

I've recently started a diet and I've already lost 14lb, the problem is I've now started getting a sharp pain in my left foot .. It feels like someone is sticking a knife in my foot !!

Thanks

Hi ,Join the club as I write this now my feet are killing me.Stinging pains in both feet and as you describe shooting and stabbing pains come from no where.I am told by g.p. and diabetic nurse it is nerve damage caused by high sugar levels over a long period.of time.Not a lot you can do except keep sugar levels as low as possible.I was an idiot and ignored the signs for 2 years.I am paying the price now, bad feet and failing eye site.The doc gives me pregabalin to ease the pain but I don,t recommend it....makes you drowsy and tired.As I say keep the sugar levels down and it seems to help in all different ways

Thanks

onlinestevie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People that moan
I've not been the best at taking my tablets over the years , my sugar levels have been around 12 , now they are within normal tolerance (around 5) i do have sciatica which does give me some shooting pains down the leg , I take co-codamol for that ...

sagarg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Thanks

Hello,
I think this might be cause of blood pressure issue. My aunt also this problem and she was suffering from big pain like many of needles are pinching in her arms and legs then after having some meds she feels relief...

onlinestevie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People that moan
Went to the docs and had my blood pressure taken and that is fine, she ruled out any nerve damage too ... I'm off for a X-ray to see if there is any arthritic issues ... Also having more blood test to check b12 levels ...