Itchy back!

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Hello atleast some point everyday the top of my back gets really itchy for no reason and then feels kind of bumpy?! Could this be eczema?!

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have this too but I dont think it is eczema but it is driving me mad was considering going to GP when I get home ,by the way I have done all the obvious things like changing washing powder I even changed my shampoo and conditioner as well as shower gel Any ideas?
CAROL

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted member 83869

I have this too but I dont think it is eczema but it is driving me mad was considering going to GP when I get home ,by the way I have done all the obvious things like changing washing powder I even changed my shampoo and conditioner as well as shower gel Any ideas?
CAROL
I am the same!! I cant remember how long it has been going on either :S Maybe stress can cause it? Who knows!! I suffer with a itchy scalp too!:(

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
if worried nicola see your gp

Nicholas Hoare

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I seem to be getting allot of odd itches lately particularly in bed at night, not sure if it is something to do with my diabetes or the Gliclazide or Metformin I have recently started.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I know this of no help but I always get an itchy back at night as well

Type 2 diagnosed 24/01/2013.
Novomix 30, Victoza, metformin 2000mg sr (but not taking them as they play havoc with my insides,

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
sounds like a hive allergy type of thing, it's autumn here so it's spring up north

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I get an itchy back, mostly in the evenings. I have heard that it is fairly common in diabetics. If I scratch it then it becomes bumpy.

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
Just a thought, could it be down to your clothing label - I have to cut mine out as they make me itch.

D

Deleted member 83869

Nope not my clothing label because I dont even feel that and it makes the whole of the top of my back itch! I'll mention it to the nurse when I go on the 31st! Thanks though everyone! :)

brianalmond

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello atleast some point everyday the top of my back gets really itchy for no reason and then feels kind of bumpy?! Could this be eczema?!

Hi I get this everyday .You don,t say what medication you,re on ,if any.This is a side effect of a lot of drugs given to treat diabetes.In my case its caused by medication to ease pain in my feet. I told my doc it was driving me insane, the itching that is and she changed me to an alternative medication.It still occurs but its not as bad. Speak to your doc or nurse....

D

Deleted member 83869

Hi I get this everyday .You don,t say what medication you,re on ,if any.This is a side effect of a lot of drugs given to treat diabetes.In my case its caused by medication to ease pain in my feet. I told my doc it was driving me insane, the itching that is and she changed me to an alternative medication.It still occurs but its not as bad. Speak to your doc or nurse....
Well I am on the pump and I take micronor (contraceptive pill) and co-codamol occasionally for my sciatica!

brianalmond

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well I am on the pump and I take micronor (contraceptive pill) and co-codamol occasionally for my sciatica!

Ok right, actually having diabetes can cause this itching as most people on this forum will tell you.Mention it when you go next time.I thought it might be clothing or change in washing powder,but this was not the case.Always read the slip of paper you get with medication you,ll be surprised what some meds can do to you.I wish you hadn, t mentioned this I,m itching like hell now!....Best of luck too you

D

Deleted member 83869

Ok right, actually having diabetes can cause this itching as most people on this forum will tell you.Mention it when you go next time.I thought it might be clothing or change in washing powder,but this was not the case.Always read the slip of paper you get with medication you,ll be surprised what some meds can do to you.I wish you hadn, t mentioned this I,m itching like hell now!....Best of luck too you
Haha! I always read the bits of paper religiously but I have an appointment tonight now! and sorry hehe

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I get itchy when I've had a few too many carbs.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I get it when I eat too many carbs and also the more drugs I take, the more I itch. Warfarin (blood thinner) is the worst culprit for me.

Beshlie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn't realise that diabetes caused itching, I was putting it down to the tree blossom as it affects me like hayfever each March/April. If itching gets too bad I take a Piriton tablet and that usually helps. I experienced itching last Spring along with very dry skin so I probably was diabetic then, only not diagnosed. I use Fenjel for dry skin, or is it Fengal, I find it excellent especially for my feet.