stuck in a rut!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi im a new member but iv been type1 for 15years and i dont know where to start really.i seem to be stuck in a deep depression about my diabetes its really getting me down and i feel like im struggling with no one to turn to for help.iv had both my appointments cancelled to see the consultant and my appointment to see the dsn has been put back till the 31st of july.iv tried ringing the hospital but didnt get anywhere.its starting to really affect my daily life because i feel like s**t 24/7 i just dont know what to do but i cant carry on like this :-( can anyone offer any advice??

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hey busymommy :)

What's getting you down ? Do you have high readings, bad control ?

Knowing this will help get the right guidance x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hiya im like a yo-yo tbh one day im hypo all day the next i will have just one hypo and then some days im high.iv lowered my insulin to try and even it out but that isnt working because im high the next day plus im getting ketones which are higher on the days where my blood sugar is lower.i really dont get whats going on atm and its so frustrating that i cant get to see or speak to anyone for any help :-(

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Hi busymommy

I know this sounds basic, but how many times are you testing and do you carb count.

Would you be able to let us know a couple days readings? And what you are injecting?

You are not alone, and I really do think that by posting here you will be helped so much that your bgs will level off and you will find good people with good advice.

We aren't gp's etc, we have no medical qualifications, just our own experiences...

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi yes i do carb count but i havent been on a course or anything i just go on what my nurse has told me to do if that makes sense.iv seen my gp who told me to make an appointment to see my nurse easier said than done so im gratefull of any advice from the members on here :) and i will post some readings shortly

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi busymommy

I know this sounds basic, but how many times are you testing and do you carb count.

Would you be able to let us know a couple days readings? And what you are injecting?

You are not alone, and I really do think that by posting here you will be helped so much that your bgs will level off and you will find good people with good advice.

We aren't gp's etc, we have no medical qualifications, just our own experiences...

Sound advice - keeping a diary would help alot, just readings before mealtimes, food eaten and doses taken.

Feeling down is a temporary thing and it will go away, once you get on top of this you will feel better ;)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Hi busymommy

What insulin are you on?

Also, your GP can be asked for a dafne course, as you really should be having the flexibility and knowledge to eat what you want and to adjust your insulin if you are on bolus/basal regime. If you are on a premixed insulin, personally from what you have written,I would (if it was me) be asking for basal/bolus insulin.

Come back when you have time and let us know a few more details.... You'll improve your bg levels, you'll get good support and you'll be feeling better soon.... Don't fret....

petsnponies

I'm also in a rut!

However am making plans and hope it will improve soon, even thinking about pushing for a pump (which ive always been dead against but would consider one now if offered).

Can you speak to your gp? I see a local diabetic nurse at my surgery. The gp has to refer me but it is easier than going to the hospital.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
hi im a new member but iv been type1 for 15years and i dont know where to start really.i seem to be stuck in a deep depression about my diabetes its really getting me down and i feel like im struggling with no one to turn to for help.iv had both my appointments cancelled to see the consultant and my appointment to see the dsn has been put back till the 31st of july.iv tried ringing the hospital but didnt get anywhere.its starting to really affect my daily life because i feel like s**t 24/7 i just dont know what to do but i cant carry on like this :-( can anyone offer any advice??

That wait and cancellations are unacceptable given your circumstances, all I can suggest is you go back to see your gp and ask if they can contact the hospital clinic and get you in sooner.