bandito22

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Medication!
Hi All,

Since being diagnosed with type 2 the one thing I missed was a nice breakfast cereal.

My pre-diagnosis cereal of choice was Shreddies or Shredded Wheat, but they sent my numbers rocketing.

So, I am pleased to report I have found a cereal that seems to keep my numbers low and is very tasty and would like to hear from other members to see what they have found.

The cereal is for the 'Eat Natural' Brand and it's their 'nuts and seeds' cereal.

The important vitals are (per 100g):

Carbs 46.4g, of which Sugars: 8.0g
Fat: 26g
kCal: 495

And currently only £2 per box at Sainsbury's (normally a little pricey around £3.50 for 500g).

Sorry if this sounds like a bit of an advert but I really like this cereal and actually tastes quite sweet so I am amazed that I don't get any big spikes.

interested in other peoples thoughts/suggestions.

Regards.

Attachments

• crunchy-nuts-seeds.jpg
    crunchy-nuts-seeds.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 931

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If your bg stays normal, fine. The thing is to test. Personally I wouldn't even try it, but for me grain of all kinds are out of the question.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I have a sprinkling on my low carb yoghurt or weight watchers frommage frais in the morning with some berries , works for me

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If your meter says yes, then go ahead. Personally if I was eating something like this I would put more nuts and seeds in it and add ground almonds too, this wouldn't affect the taste too much either.