Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Hi Damonite

I have placed your post so that is can be seen in the Ask a question and Type 1 areas of the forum. I hope that one of our insulin users gets back to you quickly.

Take care

Doug

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
0.2 ketones are not so bad, but you should keep an eye on them if your BG is that high. Obviously you need to get your BG down to normal levels.

If your ketones go above 1.5 and BG over 16.7 then contact 111 or out of hours surgery for advice.

Reactions: 2 people

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would agree with what Robert has said.

Are you ill just now or possibly coming down with anything?

Make sure you drink plenty of water.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
How are you now?

Donna1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Does ur meters measure ketones! I jus changed to the Aviva accucheck mobile n it doesnt check ketones which is a pain!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mrburden

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My blood is 19.2 for no reason and my ketone is 0,2 I don't understand ketone so is that bad?

Hi, this link will take you to the Diabetes.co.uk info on ketones:
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care/testing-for-ketones.html

In short, your ketone level is nothing to worry about and is completely normal. Here are the levels as listed on the above linked page:
What should the ketone test results be?
  • Under 0.6 mmol/L - a normal blood ketone value
  • 0.6 to 1.5 mmol/L - indicates that more ketones are being produced than normal, test again later to see if the value has lowered
  • 1.6 to 3.0 mmol/L - a high level of ketones and could present a risk of ketoacidosis. It is advisable to contact your healthcare team for advice.
  • Above 3.0 mmol/L - a dangerous level of ketones which will require immediate medical care.
The high blood sugar reading may be a result of a one-off incident, such as too little insulin or a cold about to strike. If it continues to stay high, you may need to adjust your insulin levels, either by yourself if you have the ability to do so, or via the GP or Diabetic Nurse.

Ruth3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
I would get into trouble if I told you, but I am a red. I support dogs donkeys birds Palestine and Rspca.
My blood is 19.2 for no reason and my ketone is 0,2 I don't understand ketone so is that bad?

My blood sugars and ketones swing from dangerously high to low. I now have some serious complications so get on to your nurse or Dr and get an appointment.

abs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you don't eat this will give you ketones as already said 0.2 is not dangerous or anything to worry about. Drink lots of fluids, eat normally and do any correction dosages as needed.

Miss90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
You will have the odd unexplainable reading once in a whole so don't beat yourself up about it. Just keep checking the ketones and blood sugar and hopefully you will feel better! :)