How do you clean up the blob of blood left on the end of your finger?

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I usually wipe it on the curtains ☺️

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Sorry to be so sexist but that is such a bloke response. I hope your partner beats you with the nearest, heaviest object - lol! Or at least makes you sleep in the garden as penance!

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I usually just suck it off. Some people find this disgusting. But hey ho. Does anyone actually bother usind a swab or something?
Are you a troll?
image.jpg

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I also have vampirical tendencies, and use a bit of licky spit to remove my blood drop too; spit is nice and antiseptic and comes conveniently packaged and ready to hand. :hungry:

According to Wikipedia: Saliva contains many compounds that are antibacterial or promote healing.

So as far as I can see most of us are definitely Doing the Right Thing!

Robbity

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel like I'm surrounded by vampires ... now where did I put that garlic necklace :eek:

Reactions: 4 people

Mothership

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
dog mess anywhere
Some of these posts have made me smile. I am in the fortunate position of living in Wales and having my lancets on prescription, besides which I can never get the bit of plastic back onto a used lancet without bending the needle

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Just to be clear. The NHS advise changing lancet every time. Whilst we are all posting here and having a bit of fun, let's be clear to any new visitors that we don't condone this practice. Same with needles, some re-use them but not advised :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
I use a paper towel, space the drops about 1/4 inch apart, Polka Dot style,I see how many i can get on before starting again, on a new one.
Keeps me amused

tomvonc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anyone who asks a question about diabetes without thinking what they're asking.
I use a paper towel, space the drops about 1/4 inch apart, Polka Dot style,I see how many i can get on before starting again, on a new one.
Keeps me amused
You just reminded me of a thought I had of tattooing tiny numbers from 1-200 1/4 inch apart all over my belly to make sure I rotate injection sites!