Hba1c

Togolese

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just rung up this afternoon for my hba1c results they have come back at 63 the time before they was 97 is this a good number what does it mean in mmol/l what my meter says?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Think this gives you an avg of 7.9mmol. It's a big improvement on previous reading but I think you could even come down a little more :)
Well done though !

Reactions: 2 people

Togolese

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the conversions as u said mo1905 still needs to come down a bit more at least it's going in the right direction got a double appointment with DN on Monday she was thinking about changing my insulin to a different one due to the the recent number of hypos I have been getting so will have to wait till then !

sarum2014

Wish mine where lower.....93,after test with Diabetic nurse. To be totally honest I haven't been looking after myself,not injecting insulin etc.This is a wake up call..Seen Doctor & been honest about myself.
So started a new regime.....Phone up Lifescan,who were very helpful,sent me new One Touch VerioIQ monitor(excellent equipment).Sorted strips & lancets on prescription.
Joined this forum,smaller portions of food,not eat after 7:00pm,more exercise,joined other diabetes Uk.
Will see consultant end of April & hopefully my HBA1c will have dropped.
:):):) not:(:(:(

Reactions: 4 people

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
My readings were for hbc1a 88 & was told they should be in the 50s

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
Hba1c 7.3
Doctor very pleased with me, just my kidney function off so reduced my metformin to 1 per day

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
03 Dec. 2012 / 7.9
07 July 2014 / 6.5
17 Sep 2014 / 5.8

Dreading next test as BG been high lately, I swear hot weather makes mine lower!