freestyle lite blood zapper

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
does anyone else own one of these mines problematic the strips always coming up as eror drives me mad as we all know the strips are dear to buy?

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Is it just one pot of strips that is playing up? Or does it happen all the time with various pots? If it's happening all the time, it might be worth contacting the meter manufacturer to see if they can replace the meter itself (they'll usually do this for free). If it's just one dodgy pot of strips, it still might be worth contacting the test strip manufacturer to see if they can offer you a replacement pot.

Does the error have any reference number? I know some meters have diagnostic codes (E3, E4 etc.) that are referenced in the user manual. This might help you figure out exactly what the problem is.

Reactions: 2 people

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
i have tried 3 suppliers on ebay different companys they al proving to be dodgy . so i think i will contact the company see if they can help me it cost 12 odd for these ive used 5 today all faulty . thankyou x

Aguila

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wind & rain
Might be worth trying a new battery?

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
yes best to start with simple things , the machine has been a pain since i first got it maybe time to upgrade x

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use the freestyle lite, never ever get a dodgy strip so suspect a faulty meter. Abbot have always sent me replacements free if they get damaged or have a problem, just call them and ask.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App