People to talk to!

Jessicasugar24

Dislikes
Needles!
Even a year after diagnosis I'm still very insulin sensitive so a pump will help with that. It allows smaller doses which will help keep things in range. 0.5u can easily send me hypo! I'm also getting married next year so pre-pregnancy is a big driver

I've not found the last year too bad. It's frustrating at times but my doses are so low I can manage fairly well. My cousin is T1 also so I've known about it most of my life.

I've not found things

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

Really, I used to be insulin sensitive and especially when it came to sports (I did competitive trampolining) that used to send me so low that I hardly needed insulin I actually needed sugar! Wow, that's amazing. Wow, getting married! How exciting!! Do you mean pre-pregnancy as in getting your levels and hba1c right for that time?

That's handy that you can always ask your cousin for help or advice if you need it! I agree with you on the frustrating part of it! Some times not often it's like can't I have a day off!! Lol

X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Jessicasugar24

Dislikes
Needles!
:) thank you!

Yeah, I have a dog, guinea pigs, a gecko & a big fish tank. Also take care of my fellas cat from time to time :)

How about you? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow you have a farm yard! We used to have a guinea pig, he was very cute but sadly is no longer with us, what sort of dog do you have?

We have 3 cats, one is a half pedigree of a Bengal and wow she is a handful.

I couldn't ever imagine not having animals, my friend recently just got a baby pug, he is ever so cute x

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Really, I used to be insulin sensitive and especially when it came to sports (I did competitive trampolining) that used to send me so low that I hardly needed insulin I actually needed sugar! Wow, that's amazing. Wow, getting married! How exciting!! Do you mean pre-pregnancy as in getting your levels and hba1c right for that time?

That's handy that you can always ask your cousin for help or advice if you need it! I agree with you on the frustrating part of it! Some times not often it's like can't I have a day off!! Lol

X

Yeah I've been trying to take up running but hypos have made that hard.

My hba1c is fine if I wanted to get pregnant now, in theory. But my doctor is predicting it will rise over the next few years so we're getting started on pump now before they get a chance to go up

Jessicasugar24

Dislikes
Needles!
Yeah I've been trying to take up running but hypos have made that hard.

My hba1c is fine if I wanted to get pregnant now, in theory. But my doctor is predicting it will rise over the next few years so we're getting started on pump now before they get a chance to go up

Yeah exercise is a pain isn't it with hypos, ooh wow, what is your hba1c?

X

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow you have a farm yard! We used to have a guinea pig, he was very cute but sadly is no longer with us, what sort of dog do you have?

We have 3 cats, one is a half pedigree of a Bengal and wow she is a handful.

I couldn't ever imagine not having animals, my friend recently just got a baby pug, he is ever so cute x

Haha yeah bengals can be a pain! Quite clingy aren't they?

I've got a big soppy Labrador :) love her to bits!

Indiana x

Jessicasugar24

Dislikes
Needles!
Haha yeah bengals can be a pain! Quite clingy aren't they?

I've got a big soppy Labrador :) love her to bits!

Indiana x

They can be she is as naughty as she is nice!!! Bless her!

Aww, I love dogs, how cute! How old is she?

When you we're diagnosed at the age of 5, i take it some one cared for you, who was that? X

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah exercise is a pain isn't it with hypos, ooh wow, what is your hba1c?

X

It was 6.9 last time, but that was artificially inflated due to illness in the run up. Still excellent of course! But my doctor believes it was actually slightly lower.

I don't hypo while I exercise, it's later on it the day so I feel like I'm constantly on edge waiting for it or eating "just in case"

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They can be she is as naughty as she is nice!!! Bless her!

Aww, I love dogs, how cute! How old is she?

When you we're diagnosed at the age of 5, i take it some one cared for you, who was that? X

She's 8 now. Had her since she was 8 weeks old :)

My mom and dad did. More my mom really, I never realised how hard she must have worked to keep me safe and how much she must have worried about me until recently. Makes me love and respect her even more.

How about you?

Indiana x

Jessicasugar24

Dislikes
Needles!
It was 6.9 last time, but that was artificially inflated due to illness in the run up. Still excellent of course! But my doctor believes it was actually slightly lower.

I don't hypo while I exercise, it's later on it the day so I feel like I'm constantly on edge waiting for it or eating "just in case"

Cor 6.9 is really really good!
Yeah mine is also after but it can be a matter of minutes after sometimes, I hate that feeling I on edge, when there getting low but not low enough to treat, I have been told to not treat unless they are under 4, but I work in a salon and cutting peoples hair so If I know I'm busy I have to stay above 6!

What a pain! Lol x

Jessicasugar24

Dislikes
Needles!
She's 8 now. Had her since she was 8 weeks old :)

My mom and dad did. More my mom really, I never realised how hard she must have worked to keep me safe and how much she must have worried about me until recently. Makes me love and respect her even more.

How about you?

Indiana x

Aww wow, they say some animals can tell when your sugars are low too, especially dogs! I've always wondered if that's true!!

Really, yeah my mum was my main career, I know what you mean the respect I have for her is unbelievable, it's so tricky isn't it as I kept saying to my mum at the age of 14 like let go it's my illness not yours sort of thing. And now I obviously do it all my self but she still likes to be involved.

My dad has always been there but when I was younger it was mainly left to my mum as he would have to work. But now he is brilliant too, I get texts saying how's your sugars been lately and so on, bless them.

It's not til you get older that you realise like omg, how much they do/did xx

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
She can't tell I don't think, but when I had my cats one of them could :)

I know exactly what you mean, me and my mom used to fall out all of the time. I don't know about you but when I was a teenager I didn't take care of my bloods at all and the more my mom nagged the less I did my injections. When I look back at it now I hate myself for it and the way I used to treat her. I must have put her through hell :( upsets me to think bout those days :(
My dad never really spoke to me about it, he's not good with words lol

Indiana x

Jessicasugar24

Dislikes
Needles!
She can't tell I don't think, but when I had my cats one of them could :)

I know exactly what you mean, me and my mom used to fall out all of the time. I don't know about you but when I was a teenager I didn't take care of my bloods at all and the more my mom nagged the less I did my injections. When I look back at it now I hate myself for it and the way I used to treat her. I must have put her through hell :( upsets me to think bout those days :(
My dad never really spoke to me about it, he's not good with words lol

Indiana x

Wow really, what did your cat do then when you hypo'd? I think my cat would just lick and dribble on me till I woke up!

Yeah me and my mum had a tricky period too, I threatened to move out and everything when I was 12-13, wasn't good. I'm also coeliac so food has always been an issue and she would try so hard to keep me on a strict gluten free diet, and I would go to school and eat normal food and like you say the less you look after your sugars,

I know you just feel awful when you look back don't you, aww bless my dads too good with words he is never quiet!! Lol,

Are you on facebook? There is lots of diabetes sites on there too xx

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
She used to paw at my chest and wake me up when I was hypo in the night. She was my pet when I was little my mom and dad had her and my other cat before they had me :)

I can't imagine how hard it would be to be celiac as well, must be tough. I guess most teenagers rebel about something!

Haha my dad is a man of few years and whatever he does say it's usually sarcastic or a joke lol he makes me laugh :)

I don't have Facebook at the moment, it caused a few problems in the past so I came off it. I'm thinking about going on it again though, I'd probably just use it for the diabetes sites though!

Indiana x

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Few words not years! Stupid predictive! Xx

Jessicasugar24

Dislikes
Needles!
She used to paw at my chest and wake me up when I was hypo in the night. She was my pet when I was little my mom and dad had her and my other cat before they had me :)

I can't imagine how hard it would be to be celiac as well, must be tough. I guess most teenagers rebel about something!

Haha my dad is a man of few years and whatever he does say it's usually sarcastic or a joke lol he makes me laugh :)

I don't have Facebook at the moment, it caused a few problems in the past so I came off it. I'm thinking about going on it again though, I'd probably just use it for the diabetes sites though!

Indiana x

That's amazing about your cat! He obviously grew up with you having it and got used to it! Bless!

Yeah thats a true point I think during teenage years there is always one point where you either rebel or you don't agree with your parents when they have your best intentions at heart!

That's good with your dad! My dad always does what he can to make me laugh and like they say laughter Is the best medicine!
Let me know if you do go on Facebook as I am on most of the diabetes sites!

Speak soon as I'm working today so might not reply as often! Xx

Reactions: 2 people