Just sooooo happy

Nic51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
well one happy lady tonight ive had my first diabetic nurse appointment today and becuase ive done so well with everything b4 i got to her ie 10 weeks into healthier eating etc she is going to leave me another 3 months b4 putting me on tabs, not only that my blood pressure has come down alot and is now in a normal range, soooo i now need to do more excercise that makes me sweat and heart go a bit faster and cut some of the fat out of my diet, even if i do end up on pills i will have tried and also shown im no quitter

Reactions: 16 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That is great news, exercise is beneficial in reducing bg, bp and cholesterol levels, above all else it makes you feel good so keep it up Nic and fingers crossed for your next appointment :)

cath99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
well done nic thats great news and a good incentive to well done you xx

sagarg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello,
I like your determination and am very sure you will through from this...

Dee_226

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
also been offered the desmond course to
Hiya Nic51,

I am recently diagnosed T2 who is managing (or trying to) with diet and exercise for 6 months which is when my next blood test will be, but my doc has checked my feet, made appointment to have my eyes checked and is also putting me on the DESMOND course. Not heard back about that yet but believe it can take up to 3 months to get on it.

Good luck with your diabetes, sounds like you are doing very well :)

Aldebaran

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done. All the best with your diet in the future.

scarper

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
know-it-all's
:happy:
I love your post; you're no quitter!
Congratulations on your hard work and achievement.:)

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
Very well done.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The benefits of exercise do not have to be measured by improvements in times, reductions on the scales or waistband or reduced blood pressure although it does help all of these. Often not mentioned is that daily exercise significantly alters your blood chemistry by releasing hormones and digestive enzymes which stay in the blood for about 24 hours:

"The role of physical activity must be considered. Increased levels of daily activity bring about decreases in liver fat stores and a single bout of exercise substantially decreases both de novo lipogenesis and plasma VLDL."

These are things you do not see and cannot easily measure but, were you to take a sample of blood and put it in a centrifuge, you would see something like a 40% reduction of the milky like substance at the top of the tube.

In addition it improves your sensitivity to the insulin that you produce. Since, as diabetics, our insulin function is impaired, it is a very good way of making sure you get the best out of what insulin you do produce. As a consequence, the improved take up of glucose from the blood due to the improved sensitivity helps reduce overall BG levels.

Reactions: 2 people

mysterylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya Nic51,

I am recently diagnosed T2 who is managing (or trying to) with diet and exercise for 6 months which is when my next blood test will be, but my doc has checked my feet, made appointment to have my eyes checked and is also putting me on the DESMOND course. Not heard back about that yet but believe it can take up to 3 months to get on it.

Good luck with your diabetes, sounds like you are doing very well :)

hi whats the desmond course?