Hunger help!!!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey I'm 12 years old and I have type one diabetes. Wen I get home from school I'm really hungry! Does anyone know of any low carb snacks that u get quite a lot of food for ur carbohydrate ?

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Carrots and cucumber? Bit heathy I know... :p

Type 1 diagnosed 1990
HBa1c current 8.3
Pump and CGM used (animas vibe)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i dont really like bacon and stuff likethat, but thanks for ur help xx i dont know whether i like skips but u never know!!
i could maybe have like: cucumber, carrot, ham and stuff like that xx thanks for all ur help

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you or your mum like baking? Look online for "1 minute muffin" recipes - they're quick and easy to do in the microwave, and you can vary what goes in them. If you make them with (at least some) milled flaxseed you get lots of muffin for very few carbs.

Robbity

Kailz96

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The crisps are a good idea to have as a snack for when you get hungry, but at the same time i would say to watch out for them as they can still make your blood sugar go high. Check your blood before you have a snack and if its low go for the crisps but if you think it is high go for the alternative of a piece of fruit or veg as they have natural sugars and also will make you feel less hungry too :)

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The crisps are a good idea to have as a snack for when you get hungry, but at the same time i would say to watch out for them as they can still make your blood sugar go high. Check your blood before you have a snack and if its low go for the crisps but if you think it is high go for the alternative of a piece of fruit or veg as they have natural sugars and also will make you feel less hungry too :)

Just be careful fruit is packed full of sugar and natural or not will cause high BS. I personally like eat natural peanut bars- fairly low carb and a little bit sweet (100g bars are 10g of carb). fairly filling too.

Elz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I always had some cereal which is healthy or plain popcorn is a great hunger buster!

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Olives are low carb and a very nice snack if you are tired of cheese and nuts.