Families!!!!!

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Moms came home from work and is in a strop because the dog hadn't been taken out for a walk today.

It's usually my job to take her out, which I do every day.

Last night my bloods were really high and every hour I was waking up needing the loo so obviously, I didn't get much sleep so haven't felt good today.

I haven't had the energy to take the dog out today, or to do many other things either!

She seems to forget that I also have a sister that could have taken her out too!

I'm sorry that my diabetes and feeling rubbish causes such an issue for her!!!
How terrible it must he for her to have to live her life like that and walk her own dog!!!!!

Angry, frustrated & tired Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Well sorry, I'm with your mum on this one lol :)
Poor little doggy ! Hope you sleep better tonight, if not, a nice long walk helps ;-)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Haha thanks!
She's been out now, mom took her.
I barely even live here anymore, why should it be left to me!

I wouldn't want to choose a different mom, I just wish she'd understand a bit more.

Indiana x

kesun

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Moms came home from work and is in a strop because the dog hadn't been taken out for a walk today.
She seems to forget that I also have a sister that could have taken her out too!k
Indiana, you're not one of my sons writing under a pseudonym, are you?

Or could it possibly be I'm not the only stroppy mum when it comes to dog-walking?

Hope you feel better tomorrow!
Kate

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Haha! I can safely say that I am not one of your sons :)

I can understand that it must be frustrated that she hasn't been out, it would just be nice if she understood where I was coming from. She's okay now anyway :)

Indiana x

H

Hooked

As a diabetic owner of two dogs (plus one foster) I know how hard it can be to drag yourself out the door when diabetes is making you feel ******. But I always feel better for it afterwards and glad I gave myself the push. Besides, their wellbeing is my responsibility and my sanity too.... If they don't get walked I soon know about it as they have too much pent up energy in the house.

As a mum I know how infuriating it can be when your kids don't appear to be pulling their weight.

You both have my sympathy. ;)

Perhaps chat to your mum at a better time, when things aren't so heated, to explain how your blood sugars can make you feel. It may help her be more understanding of the issues.

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
She's okay about it now. I did do other jobs like the washing, ironing I vacuumed the house and got dinner started I just didn't have the energy to walk the dog the mile we usually walk.

She's okay about it now, I think she realised in the end that I wasn't feeling well :)

Indiana x

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a dog. Although I may feel lousy I always take him out. The exercise and fresh air is nice when you get going! Plus if he isn't walked on his normal schedule he is THE DEVIL. It's not worth my sanity to skip it lol

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
She's okay about it now. I did do other jobs like the washing, ironing I vacuumed the house and got dinner started I just didn't have the energy to walk the dog the mile we usually walk.

She's okay about it now, I think she realised in the end that I wasn't feeling well :)

Indiana x

Mile?!? Oh man I wish Roddy would accept a mile for his walk!

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Haha! She's got bad hips and she struggles to walk much further.

She will be taken out today, it was just a one off!

Indiana x

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I understand completely how you feel and being an only child I never had anyone else to blame!

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I understand completely how you feel and being an only child I never had anyone else to blame!

I'm the 2nd youngest of 6 ;) my mother ran a tight ship! She had to because she said otherwise we would work out there are more of us than her and she'd have a mutiny haha

Reactions: 2 people

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm one of two, don't know how you coped with so many siblings!

Indiana x

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We're spread over 20 years. It was great, I always had someone to talk to or play with etc. and now I have some gorgeous nieces and nephews!

Reactions: 2 people