Low carb breakfasts

patjenkins1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
People are suggesting full fat Greek yogurt and berries for breakfasts. Sorry if this is a daft question but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. What quantities would you use of each? Obviously I don't want the potion size to be too big.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Hi Penny
This is my usual breakfast, so simple and refreshing.
I use 4 desert spoons full fat Greek style yogurt, with a sprinkle of cinnamon and desiccated coconut. 5/6 blueberries, 4/5 raspberries, 4/5 blackberries, 2 medium strawberries. Delicious.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hi, i eat this for brekkie and love it, my absolute favourite is Fage Total (Full Fat Version) i don't measure it but a pot lasts me three days which equates to two big deserts spoonfulls, i usually have 3 large strawberries sliced, maybe 10 blueberries, and or 10 raspberries, and or 6 largish blackberries, i then sprinkle on some linwoods milled flax seed, the fruit amounts need to be played around with, this is a huge breakfast so you can reduce it if it suits you, i have an active job so like to fill myself up for the day ahead, I'm sure others have different amounts so i hope they comment, best of luck with it

i often have it for my evening meal too, or desert (if the jelly hasn't set)

mollycat1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
can`t think of any !
just about to have blue berries and greek yoghourt too - Yummy ! I know its a bit late for brekkie now but have been `pottering` around doing some housework and then looking at this forum - its quite addictive ! Going for a walk shortly !