Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

XIX

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
11.1% which I was actually pleasantly surprised by.

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
8.4 for me. Not the best it's ever been but not the worst either!

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 people

petsnponies

Just got mine back today.

7.0%

A slight improvement from 7.3% but I'd love to be around 6.5% (and able to lose weight)

Not going to beat myself up about it. An improvement is an improvement, no matter how small!

Reactions: 2 people

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.5. I realise I have still a way to go, but I'm pleased with the improvement and weight loss I've achieved since starting low carbing. It was nice to receive praise from my DSN and she did not try to discourage me from my low carb diet. After all, it's working! It would have been MUCH harder without the support of people on this forum. In fact, if it wasn't for you all, I'd probably still be sitting worrying..... I'm going to keep on keeping on.:)

Reactions: 7 people

Lin 26

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bad manners
Bad driving
Greed
Disrespecting others
Bullying
When diagnosed a month ago type 2. Mine was 103

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
Today 6.8%, which I could never have dreamed of. So all thanks to my team, a lot of testing(sorry fingers, toes,ears respect what I put you through) and help from my family in their support. Oh and most importantly my pump.

Reactions: 6 people

iHs

6.8% is a good a1c and should ensure that hypo awareness stays somwhere between 3.4 to 4.0mmol. A lower a1c will start to affect the awareness with hypos being recognised at a much lower bg level and a pump makes no difference to the outcome

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Today's HB1AC test came in at 5% equaling my best ever. 0.1 % away from getting into the 4 % club.

Reactions: 5 people

Lin 26

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bad manners
Bad driving
Greed
Disrespecting others
Bullying
If mine was 103 , you all seem to be using different figures, can anyone explain to me what mine would be under new figures? Thank you.

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
For anyone interested in discussing HbA1c, I'm going to join the #gbdoc tweet chat next wednesday evening, which happens to be discussing that topic. www.gbdoc.co.uk

Pez68

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant people
Result day and Another 30 new money, very surprised came off meds in dec 2013, diet and exercise only since. So surprised as fell off the cliff on a few occasions over Xmas and recently.