Seano

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Brussels, People who can't do their jobs properly
Hi all
Have been on Gliclazide for about a month now along with Metformin, bg's have actually increased and my weight has increased by 7lb......anyone know what is going on ?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Seano

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi all
Have been on Gliclazide for about a month now along with Metformin, bg's have actually increased and my weight has increased by 7lb......anyone know what is going on ? Sorry juxt realised this is in the wrong area, can someone move it to just Type2 please.

martinsk8r

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Gliklazide.
Trying to get a dive medical.
I was on Gliclazide for 2 years and hated it. I'm type 2 also on Metformin HbA1c 9.7. I was always hungry and as soon as I started exercise I felt drained, so I would eat snack bars such as tracker (yes sugar and peanuts). I asked to go on insulin and I feel better already after 1 week. Not as tired and feeling like new.
So, to recap, I HATED Gliclazide.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I was on Glic for many years with no problems and few have been reported on the forum. What sort of diet are you on? Were you told to keep the carbs down? Taking Glic can make you gain weight if you don't control the carbs; go for 200gm/day or less.

Reactions: 2 people

Seano

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My DN didn't mention anything about Glic putting weight on or limiting carbs to a certain figure, although I do try and watch my intake, is 200 a day a given figure or is that what you aim for yourself Daibell ?

wizardo

Personally, I would try and get off glic. I was prescribed glic and told that my bg levels were way too high to contemplate a low carb and high exercise regime. So I took no notice and now my bg levels are around the 6,5 level but the exercise regime has been tough, everyday. If glic burns out the pancreas, there seems no way back to getting the pancreas back functioning again.

equipoise

Gliclazide should be bringing down your bgs, but you need to be working on diet and exercise too -- taking pills needs to be a supplement to diet and exercise, not an alternative to them. What sort of regime are you following?

Reactions: 2 people