Lyxumia

Cosy

Don't know if there are many people on Lyxumia in the forum but I have a few questions.

I have only been on this for three days, I was on Metformin, Sitaglipton and Glyclaside. I have now stopped the Metformin and Sitaglipton. I am not having any problems with the intections but my readings are not coming down in any way, in fact they might even have gone up now and again. Is it too soon to tell if this is working? I am only on the 10 micrograms at present then will be put onto 20 micrograms. Unfortunately I have not been following low carb but am going to get back into that and wonder if this along with the Lyxumia would be helpful.

I have read a couple of posts that have been very happy with this medication and they seemed to have noticed readings coming down immediately..............I would be glad of any advise you can give.

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Hi Cosy

Three days is not a long time for beneficial effects. It might be best to wait to see what the situation is like when you are on the full dose at day 15. With the medications you were previously on, I would have thought that you would have stopped gliclazide and sitagliptin and continued metformin. Gliclazide with Lyxumia can cause hypos so take care - especially when you return to a low carb diet.

Hope this helps

Doug

Cosy

Thanks for answering.:). I did keep checking last night even during the night as I was up with restless legs! and it went back down, think I just overdone - bad - eating yesterday. I will get back onto sensible eating today. The reason I had to stop the metformin was because I could no longer tolerate side effects. I have been advised that hopefully I will be able to cut down and eventually stop the Gliclazide and to be careful and look out for signs of hypos, that is why I have been checking more than I normally did but as I say they are not coming down any. I will persevere and see how things go once I am on full dose.

Regards

Cosy

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Take care and let us know how you progress. On the metformin front, had you tried metformin SR - the extended release version? This has proved effective for some who cannot tolerate the ordinary form.

Take care

Doug

Cosy

Yes have tried the slow release Metformin but unfortunately still did not help. I persevered for a few years but enough was enough. Hopefully Lyxumia will be my saviour and keep me from having to go on Insulin for a few more years.

Regards
Cosy