Always cold

Julie.reid1906

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am freezing all the time. My mum thinks it's because I'm diabetic, could this be the case?

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Possibly. Sometimes our circulation is a little impaired. Could just be that you feel the cold more though. My wife is always cold and not diabetic.

Julie.reid1906

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well my mum says I never complained of being cold until after I'd had diabetes for a few years and now I can be shivering with a jumper and blanket on and everyone else is sweating!

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Hi Julie

Have you had your thyroid checked out? Amongst other things it helps control the body temperature.
I'm having mine rechecked in 2weeks for,same reason.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Julie.reid1906

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So I got my thyroid checked and it's normal, they also checked everything else they could think off and everything is fine :/ weird

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you lost a lot of weight? This can make you feel cold as you have lost your 'insulation'.

I always feel colder than everyone else. It has become a bit of a joke at work, that it must be warm if I have taken my cardi off. My thyroid is fine too.

lyndah

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
My husband is the one with t2 and he is always cold especially on an evening even though the heating is set quite high.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My body doesn't get cold but my fingers go numb with the cold as my blood sugar levels drop.

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have definitely felt much colder since I lost weight, I have always got a fleece on indoors. I think it is because I don't eat so much!!

ONMYPC

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Not being in control!
Hi Julie have you noticed that you feel colder after eating a heavy Card meal! It's worth tracking your diet and checking! I used to get really cold after eating rice for example!

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So I got my thyroid checked and it's normal, they also checked everything else they could think off and everything is fine :/ weird
Normal as in compared with whom? Do you have the actual results? In my experience most people feel unwell with a TSH above 2.5. Did they check FT3 and FT4?

Nik442

I'm the same, always cold, two bars on the fire now. i was drinking lots of hot coffee but this seemed to make me worse, particularly in the legs and feet.
Niklas

Julie.reid1906

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've definitely not lost weight, if anything I've gained some. The doctor didn't give me the actual results just said everything was normal so he put me on anti-depressants as he thinks it's psychological! I don't agree but decided to give it a go. I've been on them for 4 weeks but feel no different. I'm going back to the doctors on Tuesday.

ChloeAlisha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've definitely not lost weight, if anything I've gained some. The doctor didn't give me the actual results just said everything was normal so he put me on anti-depressants as he thinks it's psychological! I don't agree but decided to give it a go. I've been on them for 4 weeks but feel no different. I'm going back to the doctors on Tuesday.

I get that, maybe if the doctor didn't give you the results that you wanted, you could maybe ask for a second opinion?? Good luck x