what are your favorite drinks to quench thirst?

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty

ne0h

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The slightly sparkling flavoured water is lovely from Tesco.

I bought a bottle (which only cost 51p) orange and mango flavoured sparkling water. I have discovered something new now - it was really nice to drink this after chilling it in the fridge. I'm going to start drinking this from time to time in place of the soft drinks.

Reactions: 2 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I bought a bottle (which only cost 51p) orange and mango flavoured sparkling water. I have discovered something new now - it was really nice to drink this after chilling it in the fridge. I'm going to start drinking this from time to time in place of the soft drinks.
There are many other flavours too. Glad you liked it :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

nick113

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On a good day a pint of carling or foster extra cold n it hit the spots!
On a bad day it a pint of ribena sugar free drink,it work well for me!:)

nick113

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would drink cold water if my blood sugar sky high cant remember when the last time i had it,lol!

Sent from my GT-S5839i using DCUK Forum mobile app

nick113

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It not boring but it help to recover yourself as well as sugar level.

Sent from my GT-S5839i using DCUK Forum mobile app

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfriendly and bigotted persons; i.e. persons who do not have an open or enquiring mind - but all within reason - persons may have a reason to appear as such - we will never know their backgrounds or where they come from ...
Plain tap water (good here) or sparkling water (with a bit of lime or lemon) … - and then, of course, my favourite Scotch with plain water, no ice … (not exactly for thirst though …)

Have been around Ireland and Scotland on long vacations. My downfall was in Scotland when we visited the Thamdu distillery – the best single malt whisky I have tasted so far. And as they said that their whisky was an ingredient in the 'Famous Grouse', I have been going for that since.

Later in the UK, I have searched for Thamdu – but the prices have been prohibitive – half a mortgage …

annelise

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I can understand omitting the cow juice, but tea without water????:wacky:

Robbity
lol the and water was drinking water not omitting it from the tea. English can just be so imprecise when I use it

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots, bullies,politicians, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Ian Duncan smith, racist, homophobes, people unwilling to learn, to tolerate, to listen and in turn be listened too. animal abuser's and people who just don't think about what they say and how it can or could affect the people around them.
Tea, milk with no sugar ! Failing that iced water and sometimes peppermint or camomile tea if I'm feeling a bit ugh!

Seano

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Brussels, People who can't do their jobs properly
When the chance presents, a nice cold pint of Stowford press cider with a shot of blackcurrant

Eijack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Modern films and music,
Recently I have started experiencing thirst from diabetes. I drink a lot of ice cold water, but also a few soft drinks now and then. I was just wondering if you could say what your favourite thirst quenching drinks are?
Try rinsing with a good mouthwash. It works for me