Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hi it will be my pleasure
i use 4 lemmons juice and zest them
100g butter cubed up
3 large eggs and i egg yolk
sweetner of ur choice

same as you would melt choc on simmering pan with bowel in put the juice of the lemon and zest and sweetner ( now im not keen on sweetner well the aftertaste so i add little and taste to my prefrence)
add the cubes of butter and let it melt
mix the eggs and yolk and add after butter melts on simmer just gently whisk it goes thick quite quick
then when its right test to see if you like more sweeter etc. i let cool and added to tub i spread it on the biscuits today they were yummy , its so easy the curd and nice on bit burgon toast xx

Thank you so much. I knew I should have bought the lemons on offer in aldi today. Still I shall ask my husband to call in during the week. I can't wait to try it. I love lemon curd:)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't give them to the birds, if they swell up in your mouth, imagine what it would be like for the poor birds!
Yes I did reconsider feeding the birds with them when I thought about the size of their poor little throats - they went in the bin instead!
Robbity

Seano

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Brussels, People who can't do their jobs properly
hi it will be my pleasure
i use 4 lemmons juice and zest them
100g butter cubed up
3 large eggs and i egg yolk
sweetner of ur choice

same as you would melt choc on simmering pan with bowel in put the juice of the lemon and zest and sweetner ( now im not keen on sweetner well the aftertaste so i add little and taste to my prefrence)
add the cubes of butter and let it melt
mix the eggs and yolk and add after butter melts on simmer just gently whisk it goes thick quite quick
then when its right test to see if you like more sweeter etc. i let cool and added to tub i spread it on the biscuits today they were yummy , its so easy the curd and nice on bit burgon toast xx

Right......that's me salivating all over my keyboard, both recipes sound gorgeous cath

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
Right......that's me salivating all over my keyboard, both recipes sound gorgeous cath
enjoy them both easy to make and taste yummy , only prob with biscuits so crumbley but good all same x

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Where do you get coconut flour from that sounds like it would make nice sponge cake or buns perhaps with baking powder added to rise

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've solved the crumbliness, everyone!

Follow the recipe.
Bake as normal.
Remove from oven and while still hot, place a square of 70% cocoa solid chocolate on the top. Ideally use a thin flat square of choc (like Lindt or the Nelly Moser one from Aldi).
The heat of the cooling biscuit melts the choc over the top of the biscuit, and then cools to hold it together.
Leave to cool on the baking tray.

:happy: