What sugar substitute works best for you...

Seano

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Brussels, People who can't do their jobs properly
The best sweetener I have found, (after trying just about everything) is Natvia it is about as close to a taste of sugar without it being sugar, also it doesn't leave that evil aftertaste in your mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

The best sweetener I have found, (after trying just about everything) is Natvia it is about as close to a taste of sugar without it being sugar, also it doesn't leave that evil aftertaste in your mouth.
Where do get this from please I would like to try it ....thanks x

K

Kat100

All sound like good ideas to try, I like the sound of fudge choc truffles and the ice cream :) :) :)

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
amazon

contains Erythritol and stevia

Reactions: 3 people

ady249

We have tried alsorts of substitutes, I'm the baker, my husband has diabetes.

Every sweetener used has tasted rank, to both of us, and leaves a foul aftertaste
BUT, the ONLY one I would recommend to any one is Hermesetas liquid, it is great.
There is no aftertaste, and the guide is to use one teaspoon/ 5 ml of liquid = 10 teaspoons of sugar(approx 50g sugar)
It comes in a clear plastic bottle with a blue lid and a blue label, a 200 ml bottle will last ages if just using for baking, I have to order it from the internet though as I can't find it in any supermarkets, so just before you throw in the towel, try it,
Regards Maddy