How old were you when you first diagnosed with type 1?? And how long do you have it??

60yearson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do not be too hard on yourself. No one can me a "perfect diabetic". Some days are easier than others. Be strong and have faith in yourself.

Reactions: 5 people

Louise7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been diagnosed about 2 weeks and I am 52!! Thought it was type 2 since last Nov but was unable to control BG levels with diet and exercise and have lost 4 st since last May ( was trying to lose weight but then couldn't maintain,it just kept going down). I have single figures for my BG and feeling much better.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

karla0304

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Diagnosed just before my 3rd birthday almost 38 years ago. Had my birthday this week. Seen lots of changes best by far is a beta cell transplant. Had mine last year.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Fascinating thread to read about all those diagnosed many moons ago, gives me hope for the future so thanks for sharing.

Diagnosed January 2012 aged 39, the only type 1 in the family and think I had it a few years as had gestational with my daughter in 2008, but onset came suddenly in 1 week.

xAoifex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I recently "celebrated" my 10 year diaversary, I was 24 when I was diagnosed. It really doesn't seem that long ago!

Flycaster

45 last year, felt unwell for years, mis diagnosed from a stay in hospital until the diabetic clinic rung the wife and told me to get there ASAP as I am type 1 and they said your type 2 and here is your tablets bye bye.

The hospital did load of tests though and found out I broke my back some years ago.

My wife does not call me names anymore when I am ill funny enough :)