The new Accu-Chek 'Mobile' ... real nifty piece of kit.

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
My mom has just got this new monitor... It uses a cassette instead of test strips and they are integral to the machine itself ... activated by a sliding part. The finger pricker is attached at the side of the machine and can be used without removing it. Real neat jobby.
Certainly ideal for putting in your handbag.

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Looks good but you still have to buy the cassettes which retail at £20+... (although cheaper on eBay)

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been using it for about a year - certainly saves fumbling about with test strips etc :)

Reactions: 2 people

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Looks good but you still have to buy the cassettes which retail at £20+... (although cheaper on eBay)
Sure, it's not any cheaper than the usual monitoring systems.. just more concise.

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
I have been using the mobile nearly three years now, I get the cassettes and lancelets on prescription. I wouldn't use anything else now.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got one free but found it difficult to use I couldnt line up the cassettes with the blood spot because of my dodgy eyesight and I cant afford the replacement cartridges so I have had to go back to the codefree
CAROL

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I got one free but found it difficult to use I couldnt line up the cassettes with the blood spot because of my dodgy eyesight and I cant afford the replacement cartridges so I have had to go back to the codefree
CAROL
True, if you open the slide piece to reveal a strip, it has to be used or wasted. Shame really!
The CodeFree is a nice little meter too.. I use one.

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Too big, frequently inaccurate, wastes test 'strips', difficult to use in low light - great idea badly executed.
I've tried most meters and am currently using Bayer's Contour Next USB which I whole heartedly recommend. I'm also testing an iBGStar which when teamed up with a Delica finger pricker makes for an extremely small carry around package.

domark

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
packaged food, spirits
I have this model given free & whilst it took a little getting used to I now love it as its simple to use & reload. In the 1st few weeks I was struggleing with the finger pricker but once I got used to that its a doddle.I order the replacement cassets from my doctor and am now used to reloading into the machine. I think the instruction booklet could be clearer but all in all I am very happy with my machine.

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Too big, frequently inaccurate, wastes test 'strips', difficult to use in low light - great idea badly executed.
I've tried most meters and am currently using Bayer's Contour Next USB which I whole heartedly recommend. I'm also testing an iBGStar which when teamed up with a Delica finger pricker makes for an extremely small carry around package.
nah!

Aguila

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wind & rain
I also found the Accu Chek Mobile wasted a lot of strips so I went back to my trusty Accu Chek Aviva.

As a T2, I have to buy my own strips so a meter that wastes them is no good to me!

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I have this model given free & whilst it took a little getting used to I now love it as its simple to use & reload. In the 1st few weeks I was struggleing with the finger pricker but once I got used to that its a doddle.I order the replacement cassets from my doctor and am now used to reloading into the machine. I think the instruction booklet could be clearer but all in all I am very happy with my machine.
I used mine in the car yesterday and was simple and easy, single handedly.

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I also found the Accu Chek Mobile wasted a lot of strips so I went back to my trusty Accu Chek Aviva.

As a T2, I have to buy my own strips so a meter that wastes them is no good to me!
I've only ever found that the wasted 'strips' were down to human error.

Aguila

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wind & rain
I have Raynauds Syndrome so it's difficult to get a good drop of blood at the best of times.

Dazza1984

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yup; nothing but +ves to say about this machine. I get all stuff on prescription; why do some of you have to pay?
Really easy to carry; got mine on a belt holder and just looks like a phone to be fair; plus you have reference fluids to calibrate it; thus reducing error. Plus the finger pricker can be removed from the side if needed.
All monitors will have an element of "error" in them; likewise with any lab tests. It is just a snapshot in time; so you may test urself then 10mins later try again and get a different BG (well that could be natural)

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm T2 and my dan gave me one of these when I asked for one. It's very handy and I like it. However, 2 cassettes in a pack = 100 strips. I test at least 6 times a day so I have been using a lot of cassettes!! I've read a lot here ... Stories of prescriptions for strips/cassettes being rationed. I count myself lucky but also felt guilty so I bought a code free to ensure I only repeat my prescription once a month.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My old meter was on the blink so I recently got sent one of these.. Reminds me a little of the Tascam DR05 digital recorder... I love this device.. Cassettes on prescription..
In fact Accu Chek sent me two.. One had a phone style case.. I can't moan.. Great if your a driver..!

tomvonc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anyone who asks a question about diabetes without thinking what they're asking.
I just got one, but it's a bit of a brick, ruins the lines of my suit. Reminds me of my first mobile phone. I like my Contour Next USB, twinned with a delica lancer.

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I just got one, but it's a bit of a brick, ruins the lines of my suit. Reminds me of my first mobile phone. I like my Contour Next USB, twinned with a delica lancer.
True... I always have my bag with me so I don't notice so much. I use a USB mini too... very lightweight.