Blue

emmarw

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone know if you can get counselling on the Nhs because you have diabetes?I've felt very blue for a few weeks.been keeping really tight control of my diabetes but it's really got me down to the point of 'what's the point in all this'. Every little high (a few more than I'd like) or low (there aren't many) makes me question what I've done wrong. I think my diabetes is under control just mentally exhausted, so though it would be good to talk to someone professionally rather than my poor husband.
Thanks for any advice.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes you certainly can. I suggest contacting your GP and explaining what is going on. It's better to get some help now before it gets out of control.

You're certainly not alone in feeling this way. Everyone needs someone to talk to at times :)

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

Nottslad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes you 100% can.
I had it for almost 2 years every Tuesday at 4pm!

It was arranged via my diabetes nurse at my local hospital.
The nurse and shrink person were very nice and friendly....

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They keep offering so I know it is available. I don't feel down with the diabetes so I don't accept but I know it's there if I have a problem.

Matilda14919

You 100% can my diabetes doctor referred me although mine was really serious coz eventually was diagnosed as bi polar due to previous trauma - but talking in the first week made a massive change to my bg

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

K

Kat100

That is good news , yes you can talk to someone , hope you get all the support you need x