wisdom teeth problems

chelseacee13

Hello again everyone, just wondering if any type 1s have had any problems with wisdom teeth growing in?? Like any effect on bgl's?!
I have one growing in and my bloods are a little scatty! The insulin is working but not the way it normally does:/ anyone had this problem?

Shell1

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Pain/stress and infection can cause bs to rise .im a dental nurse so just some advise for wisdom tooth,give extra attention with toothbrush esp if it bleeds brush more as its bleeding as plague is irritating your gumline .use corsodyl either to swill round or dip toothbrush in and brush onto the tooth and surrounding gum .
Hope this helps x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was T1 at the time, but my wisdom teeth grew in a bit "early". I was 15, and then had then removed at 16 due to a lack of space in my mouth.

I remember the pain clearly, it was agony at times! I've no idea how babies do it so many times! So it would shock me that it could cause havoc with BG at times.

Watch for infection, that could be a cause of BG rise. I had many infections before they were removed.

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

chelseacee13

Pain/stress and infection can cause bs to rise .im a dental nurse so just some advise for wisdom tooth,give extra attention with toothbrush esp if it bleeds brush more as its bleeding as plague is irritating your gumline .use corsodyl either to swill round or dip toothbrush in and brush onto the tooth and surrounding gum .
Hope this helps x

What so brush the gum where its coming thru? I'm not in pain I'm just really irritaded by it! It is a little sswelled so could this be the reason for the strange bg's?

Shell1

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Yes brush there as it could get food packed inside it and the more plague there the more irritation.is there enough room for it to come threw ?if not go to the dentist after a few episodes of recorded pericoronitis , the best treatment is for extraction of the tooth which will be refered to a hospital setting .

Shell1

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Yes could be the reason if its a little infected .maybe a trip to the dentist? you may need antibiotics if its swelled x

niknak15

Don't forget, when baby's are testing they can get a little viral/ unwell etc, sometimes people experience this with wisdom teeth, as you are cutting a tooth. Try a toothbrush called an interspace brush, it has a very small head on it making it easy to brush around the tooth :)

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes brush there as it could get food packed inside it and the more plague there the more irritation.is there enough room for it to come threw ?if not go to the dentist after a few episodes of recorded pericoronitis , the best treatment is for extraction of the tooth which will be refered to a hospital setting .

Hospital?!? My dentist just whipped all 4 of mine out! Numbed my mouth and cracked on with it!

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Depends on the root formation of the teeth and if they are coming through on an angle, not everyone goes to hospital. It's not standard practice for people to anyway.

That makes sense. I can't claim it was overly pleasant.... But it wasn't horrific. No worse than any of the other teeth i had pulled. Maybe because I was so young

Shell1

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
If they are only partially threw it can be difficult but a xray can confirm that ,i had mine out and yes not pleasant but mine was completely threw so easy to grab on too .you will be fine xx

Sav1210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Last august my wisdom teeth were killing me! My blood sugars were pretty normal until I had my wisdom teeth removed. While I was recovering from the surgery my blood sugars were pretty high and just all over the place. My doctor said it's normal to have higher blood sugars when sick, stressed or in pain! Hope it gets better:)