Feeling sorry for myself today.

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Rosie,

I found a recipe for a low carb cake that you can make in the microwave (I usually make half the amount)..
Ingredients:
100g ground almonds
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon of melted butter
2 tablespoons of double cream

I mix it all together and put in muffin cases and microwave for three mins - sometimes I add a frozen raspberry in the middle so when it is cooked its all gooey or add some raspberry jam and cream once cooked. Don't get me wrong, its not as good as a cake but on the nights when I have the munchies and all I want to do is raid the biscuit jar its great as its quick to make and doesn't affect my BS :)

Cherry-Pie xx
Thank you so much for this, gonna try it tomorrow.

Do you put it in paper muffin cases in the microwave?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Cherry-Pie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have got silicone muffin cases so I pop them in the microwave but not sure about paper ones, sorry I didn't explain myself very well! I have mixed all the ingredients together in a Pyrex jug and then put that in the microwave before and that makes one big cake rather than little ones - I cut it in half and put the jam/berries and cream in the middle so its like a Victoria sponge - I hope you like it :)

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have got silicone muffin cases so I pop them in the microwave but not sure about paper ones, sorry I didn't explain myself very well! I have mixed all the ingredients together in a Pyrex jug and then put that in the microwave before and that makes one big cake rather than little ones - I cut it in half and put the jam/berries and cream in the middle so its like a Victoria sponge - I hope you like it :)
Oooh yum, sounds good. I have silicone cases so will use them. Thanks! :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App