Bit weird but...

mooshk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fataphobia, Ableism, Sexism, Racism, Patriarchy. Most right wing fools.
Ok so have been T1 for nearly 20 years now, oh joy! And would like to say I'm pretty clued up on db, but recently I realised I wee a lot more than non diabetics e.g my partner. An it's nothing to do with high bs or kidney problems (had my full db check 2 weeks ago). Just wondering if anybody has the same?

Thanks x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Yazzie

I can't say if it is the diabetes or not but I go the loo constantly. When bs are high you will go more as it is trying to flush sugar out of you but generally I go very frequently... Unfortunately I can't offer advise but I sympathise hopefully someone can enlighten if it is a trait of our condition... Also been type 1 for 17 years.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Im constantly peeing,day and night, i could pee for england:p

mooshk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fataphobia, Ableism, Sexism, Racism, Patriarchy. Most right wing fools.
Yup Yazzy and totsy I literally don't stop ha! No infections at all, I just always wee. Take for instance yesterday my blood was low all day (a lot of walking and too much bolus oops) my highest reading was 6.3 and lowest was 2.8, but I was up all evening weeing. Maybe it's more of a diabetic female thing?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Crikey, people comment to me.. "Do you ever wee?". Non diabetics going 3 times more often than me..i drink humungous amounts too...

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Just might be that you drink more than your partner, if so then it's likely that you will need to wee more, also some bp meds can list this in their side-effects so do check if you take them.

I had a similar problem a few years back, I cut out most caffeine from my diet and now only drink decaff tea's and coffee, caffeine acts as a diuretic meaning you get the urge more often to go for a pee as it can irritate the bladder, spicy foods can do the same as can strong acidic foods such as onions and vinegar, perhaps reducing these in your diet may result in less trips to the loo.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Are you talking quantity or frequency? During my long period of pre-diagnosis I built up the largest bladder in Western Europe. In fact it is probably the size of Western Europe. That has not gone away, and I can still wee for Britain. It causes frequent comments of amazement in the gents.

Sorry if that was TMI!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Are you talking quantity or frequency? During my long period of pre-diagnosis I built up the largest bladder in Western Europe. In fact it is probably the size of Western Europe. That has not gone away, and I can still wee for Britain. It causes frequent comments of amazement in the gents.

''The largest bladder in Western Europe''...........I like it :D

Reactions: 2 people