How old were you when you first diagnosed with type 1?? And how long do you have it??

tomvonc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anyone who asks a question about diabetes without thinking what they're asking.
I was 23 and almost died found out the extremely hard way that I was type one

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Yep, I was so much in denial, and hate going to the docs so much, I was practicaly in a DKA coma before I was diagnosed.

Tom

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, I was so much in denial, and hate going to the docs so much, I was practicaly in a DKA coma before I was diagnosed.

Tom

Im ny case, I knew something was wrong, but kept putting off going to the doctor.

The weekend before the race I ran a 23 mile fell race in CUmbria in 4hr 25, and apart from massive calf cramps and wanting to eat everything in sight had no apparent adverse effects on the running.

pinkpolo121

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was told I was type 2 then told I was ok nothing wrong 10 months later I was in a dka where my body was aist shut down and nearly put on breathing machines

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Glynis1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cats, loud music and yoghurt
T1 - Age 7 years (1966) - 47 years ago.

My dad was diagnosed T1 2 years before me - he was aged 34 years (1964) - he died from diabetes complications 1998 (he had diabetes for total of 34 years).

howe4now

I was 5, and have had diabetes for 24 years now. My brother was 2 and has had it for 25 years and my mum was 3 and has had it for 56 years.
It is definitely hereditary!!!

Glen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, DIY, winter,
14 years ago when I was 21

suzyl57

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed in 1970 so that makes 44 years this year. I was 14 at the time.