Talk Talk. Surprisingly good feedback at last.....

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
Just have to share my ups and downs with Talk Talk...

I have been with them for 7 odd years and although the price is good the customer service has been BAD and they failed to sort my intermittent signal. It always seemed to go when I really needed it. I sell a few bits on E Bay and it is no fun when your signal goes when your auction is just about to finish.

So last year I again rang them and complained about my bad signal and they as usual ran all the checks from their end and as usual nothing was wrong.

So I left and went with BT. The day before the switchover happened I thought I would give Talk Talk one last chance and rang them and this time I went to the 'Do you want to cancel with Talk Talk ??' and spoke to someone who actually sounded like she wanted to help me. She said I was a long standing customer and they didn't want to lose me and they would do all they could to help. So I cancelled the BT changeover and was told that an engineer would be booked.

I had a Talk Talk engineer who just scratched his head and said he didn't know why my signal was so bad and that the next step would be an Openreach engineer.

The 2nd Openreach engineer checked my wiring,replaced my box on the wall where my phoneline was plugged in. No change. So he went to the local exchange and couldn't see a problem there either and checked the box near my flat. He also scratched his head and organised another engineer.

The 3rd engineer turned up and he said "We don't know what the problem is and the only way around this is to go onto fibre."

So after a few days another engineer came and within minutes I had fibre installed and my download speed is now 28 megs per second and on a good day it is 32.

I have had not one dip in signal and am very happy about having fibre. The installation was free. So were the 2 new routers I needed and I am paying £5 per month.

I rang yesterday to see when my £5 per month deal was coming to an end and was told it will always be £5. Result.

The lady I spoke to said "Are you interested in a free You View box?" (You view is the same as Freeview which I am used to and have been happy with for years)

I said "What's the catch?"

"No catch. Just another 18 month contract". I asked to speak to someone else about this and was assured that as I had fibre and more than 5meg download speed and as I am a long standing customer I am entitled to a free You View box. So against my better judgement I agreed.

This all happened yesterday and my new box arrived today.

I couldn't figure out that all the different wires were for and where they went so I rang Talk Talk again and spoke to a guy from You View and he talked me through the installation and I now have a fully working brand spanking new You View box for free and I don't even have to manually update it as it is all done for me.

I am really hoping that this is going to continue running as smoothly as it has done so far and will keep you updated.

So the advice I am giving you all is if you are having any problems with Talk Talk which are proving to be a pain ring them on 0870 444 1820 and go straight through to the cancellation department as they are the ones with the clout to actually do something.

Never thought I would say this but Talk Talk seem to be getting their act together at last !! And they are cheap !!

mrburden

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been a TalkTalk customer since the bought Tiscali and to be fair, the service a not the best, but the price reflects that. If you can deal with the Indian call centre staff and don't mind repeated calls to them when things go wrong, it's OK But it's not often that they actually do go wrong.
We have everything from them now. Our home phone, BB and Youview TV costs £8.50 per month and that includes free any time calls to local numbers, free evening and weekend calls nationally AND free calls to landlines AND mobile numbers in the US at any time of day or night!!
My son uses their mobile SIM only plan at £7.50 per month, having swapped from Vodafone at £12 PM, yet TalkTalk use Vodafone's network for their service, so the coverage is exactly the same. He gets 4GB data, 3000 texts and 1000 minutes of calls for that money.
I've just got the Youview box with a new 18 month contract and I have to say, it is extremely useful...and best of all FREE!!

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
Well.the You View box turned up yesterday and I had to ring someone at Talk Talk to guide me through setting it up and it worked a treat.

Nice remote control... But as I flicked through the Freeview channels I realised that quite a few are missing. Dave, Quest, Really and 4 others.
I did a manual scan (not needed as it is attatched to my router and it is all done by wires and stuff) and it didn't come up with any new channels.

So I have an engineer coming on the 30th April and I have plugged my old Freeview box in and all the missing channels are on there.

I like my new box. Will also like having 3 months free film channels but it does take a while to boot up when you turn it on. Apparently I will be charged £50 on my next bill which is then refunded on the bill after that.. Not sure what that is all about but I'm sure it will all work out in the end....

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
My friend has had nothing except pure hell from tslktalk, to the point now where he has 3 months free!! The problems have been horrendous -truly horrendous.
Next step will be them paying him to take broadband, telephone and tv.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App