Need some Advice and Help

Miss C

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
My Daughter is 11 and recently been diagnosed Type 1,

She is going into her 2nd month and has started struggling to keep her sugars above 4,

she has a sliding scale and hasnt started carb counting yet

Before her meals she is supposed to have insulin based on her sugar levels and sliding scale however since her sugars have been below 4 she hasnt been having any insulin is this correct? or should she be getting her sugars up then 10 minutes after eating checking her sugars and having some insulin at that point if her sugars are over 4.

There is so much to take in and i dont want to cause any harm by doing what i think when i could be totally wrong

keri

If she is below 4 that is classed as a hypo, for my treatment I have some sugar tablets or lucozade if its before a meal, if at a random time I have the same but with a sandwich after x for her having hypos before tea she should have the sugar tabs(lucozade) and then eat tea, after give her normal dose of insulin x hope this helps:3

Miss C

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
If she is below 4 that is classed as a hypo, for my treatment I have some sugar tablets or lucozade if its before a meal, if at a random time I have the same but with a sandwich after x for her having hypos before tea she should have the sugar tabs(lucozade) and then eat tea, after give her normal dose of insulin x hope this helps:3
Thankyou so before dinner he needs to have something to eat then have insulin after

keri

Yes but nothing major, if dinner will be ready in like 5 mins I had 50ml of lucozade or glucose tablets x

Miss C

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks i havent been giving her any insulin thinking her dinner will get her sugars back up to normal

Reactions: 2 people

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Treat an under 4 reading with a small amount of fast acting sugar, bit of lucozade ora few glucose tabs. Test 10 mins later, should be higher than 4, if not, repeat. This is treating a hypo.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Best to treat the hypo.

Lower levels may be becauseof honeymoon period or because of weather warming up.

I would speak to DSN on Mondayif Sundayis also lowerlevels...

Miss C

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Treat an under 4 reading with a small amount of fast acting sugar, bit of lucozade ora few glucose tabs. Test 10 mins later, should be higher than 4, if not, repeat. This is treating a hypo.

Thanks Brett we have been doing that it was before a meal i was confused about all the leaflets i have dont give any help on that