Natural Supplements

jeni092878

Type of diabetes
Carer
Hi,

new to diabetes but I am into natural supplements and was wondering if there were others out there taking them and having sucess with it. I have found Blood Sugar Formula by Vitabase. Has anyone tried this product? There were some reviews on nutritionaltree.com.
any imput would be great.

Jeni

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
I just had a look at the website. It is a copy of Diamaxol with exactly the same ingredients, but cheaper.

Is there anyone who has tried Diamaxol who could give Jeni some feedback?

dia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
hi jeni

Diamaxol is used by the people to maintain a healthy blood glucose level.
It is a specially formulated to contain the safest of ingredients and has no harsh side effects.

i love diabetes.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
it's also on the watchlist for the Food and Drug Administration as a 'fake' diabetes cure. The way that it is advertised and shamelessly promoted to diabetics is both irresponsible and dangerous. What are your interests in this forum, are you a diamaxol salesman?

jeni092878

Type of diabetes
Carer
I have found that Cinnamon Extract helps. As far as the Diamaxol I don't know of any one who has paid that much for a supplement.

Jeni

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hi Jeni,

Nice to hear from you again. I also take cinnamon, in powder form, and have found it helps to lower blood sugar levels, not enormously but every little helps.

Unfortunately if we want to fight diabetes and get our blood sugar levels down, we have to do it the hard way - learn what effect the things you eat in your normal diet have on you and gradually modify your diet so that you only eat things that don't make the diabetes worse.

There are too many people who don't have the patience to do that and just want a quick "cure", which is why Diamaxol sells. It would probably still sell if it was 10 times the price, because it meets people's need for a quick fix with no effort on their part. Fortunately your FDA did its job, found that it just doesn't work and managed to ban it being advertised as a diabetes "medicine". But even that doesn't stop people buying it - some people will believe only what they want to believe.

plm

I would ask if any members have taken Melabic, or any other natural treatment, if they could report on their results.
Perhaps this way we can build up a picture as to whether any of these products really work.

Dave Eames

As I have stated before somewhere I have been using Melabic now for two months. After the first month my average blood sugar readings were up from 8.6 to 10.1 this was very disappointing.

After the second month they have come down a little to 9.7 but are still hirer than they ever were before using it. I have one more months supply left so will give a final report when I have finished them.

Dave

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hi PLM

Here is a link to the American FDA list of drugs that are currently illegally marketed with claims to being a cure or treatment for diabetes.

http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/dialist.html

Although melabic is not on the list, Diamaxol is and as melabic is a carbon copy of diamaxol it is equally useless (as Dave has confirmed to us). Incidentally the poster Dia is suspected to have some connection with melabic so his posts on the subject need to be viewed with caution.

However, there are some natural products that do have proven benefits, but not necessarily in all cases. Personally I have found that taking a teaspoon of cinnamon with my breakfast has a small but noticeable effect in lowering BS. Most who have tried it seem to benefit but I have heard of a few who tried it and found no benefit. I also have friends who have found karela (bitter melon) to help in lowering BS. I tried it for 2 months but with no benefits to me.

Ebenezer

I'm trying Karela. It is included in Julia's Melabic, but I have read of its claimed benefits previously.

The recommendation is 2 tablespoons of juice daily.

I bought 2 kerala's from a local Indian shop for 45p. They yielded 3 tbs which I drank after breakfast. I don't take my Metformin in the morning because my BS normally drops to 5-6 by lunchtime. That morning it "dropped" to 7.0.

Nevertheless I decided to try Kerala tablets 1000 mg, £6-99 for 60. I decided to take 1 with my evening meal together with 1 Metf. I have been taking 2 Mf.

My normal overnight BS is 6.5-7.1.

The overnight BS since starting are:
in reverse order: 6.4, 6.8, 5.8, 5.7, 6.2, so it could be working.

Incidentally, Julia says diabetes is rare in India (because they eat bitter melon (kerala.) A quick google for "kerala diabetes" found that The prevalence of diabetes in the Indian state of Kerala is more than 17%. http://kerala.gov.in/kercaljan06/p32-33.pdf

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hi Ebenezer,

Hope this doesn't sound pedantic but karela and Kerala are not the same thing. Karela (sometimes spelled karella) is a plant found throughout India and is otherwise known as bitter melon or bitter gourd. Although unknown in Europe, it is a vegetable that for thousands of years has been a staple part of many Indian dishes so its hypoglycaemic effects are experienced by Indians from a very early age and throughout their lifetimes. It is believed that this constant exposure to it contributes in a small way towards a generally low rate of diabetes in the Indian population.

Kerala (note different spelling) is a province in south west India. It has the highest literacy, highest standard of living and highest per capita income of all the Indian provinces. It is also rapidly becoming very westernised and is finding that it is starting to get all the western illnesses that go with the lifestyle - diabetes being one of these. I have friends in Kerala who are very worried by this trend, and there are other parts of India (particularly those areas that are home to the many call centres that western firms like to use) that are finding similar increases associated with a change from the traditional Indian lifestyle.

Just goes to show that, even where you have a population whose diet affords some protection against diabetes, change that diet to a western one and they get the same problems that we do.

Incidentally you might be interested in this karela article from DUK. I think they are perhaps missing something when they say there are no studies - the results of its use have been seen for a thousand years. How long a study do they need?
http://www.diabetes.org.uk/Guide-to-dia ... es/Karela/

jeni092878

Type of diabetes
Carer
NutritionalTree.com has some interesting reviews on all of these types of products. Strangely, some people have even benefited from the Diamaxol though that company seems to have some ethical issues. I expect that the person posting earlier works for them?

Jeni

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hi again Jenni,

In view of the FDA finding on the effectiveness (or lack of) of diamaxol, you have to ask how many of their positive reviews are actually written by diamaxol employees. They do have a track record of encouraging their staff to do this, as was the case with the guy who posted on this site.

Lynda Kay

Greetings,

Before I share our story, I'll say up front that I am a distributor of the nutritious superfood (not an herbal remedy) that we believe has given my diabetic husband more time here with us and a better quality of life. We've never marketed any of the health products we have used over the years, but became distributors of this product so we could buy it at distributor cost. The company does compensate us when those we share with make a purchase. But that's not the reason why we share and as you read our story I hope you'll come to realize that.

Ara had been a diabetic for 16+ years when in November of 2006 he was admitted into the hospital with multiple conditions due to his uncontrolled diabetes. This included congestive heart failure, renal (kidney) failure, elevated blood sugars, cholesterol of 489, etc.. He was sent home five days later with the assurance from the doctors that they would, "make him as comfortable as possible."

In April of 2007 he was terminated from his 28 years of employment. His health condition was so critical that he was approved for disability within 5 weeks of filing, though it would be 7 months before we would start receiving benefits.

In July 2007 his kidney panel was all out of range. His creatinine levels had risen to 3.9. Preparations were being made for dialysis. Due to the condition of his heart and his anemia he was barely able to walk to the bathroom. He lay on the couch gasping for each breath and he was sleeping most of the time. We checked on him constantly to see if he was still breathing.

In addition to what the doctors were prescribing, I exhausted all avenues I could find from my research of conventional and natural medicine. Ara was taking many costly medications and nutritional supplements, and making healthier food choices, but his condition at that point was so grave that he was not responding very well to anything. He had no appetite and therefore his food consumption was minimal and his health continued to decline.

His doctor started him on erythropoietin injections for his anemia. It temporarily brought his blood count up when they would double the dose, but the side effects he had were of great concern to us. This is a pharmaceutical drug that his doctor told us was on the black list.

Family, our church and many friends were praying for him as we sought God’s guidance in what to do for his health.

Toward the end of July 2007 someone shared with us Original Limu™, a superfood, that's rich in fucoidan, a nutrient scientist are saying is the greatest health discovery of our time. We believe God answered our prayers!!! You can view the 700+ published scientific study's at the National Library of Medicine, http://www.pubmed.org. ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox News, along with many health publications have reported on it.

After cashing in all the change we could gather to make a small payment on our credit card, and praise God, our credit card accepting an overlimit charge, we started Ara on 6 ounces of Original Limu™ per day. After 7 weeks his health improvements were unbelievable!

From day 1 he started feeling better. Within the first few days his breathing improved and he was sitting up. He said he was feeling stronger. His energy level started to increase. He quickly progressed to tending to his own personal needs again.

After about 3 weeks he was out helping with yardwork, washing the car, and doing a garage sale. I’m not saying he was going guns a blazin’, or that he did this all at one time, and of course, he realized later that he had over done it that weekend. He was just so excited about having some energy to do something, anything! Amazing, compared to lying immobile next to death.

When we started him on Original Limu™ he was not aware of the scientific research, or the benefits I’d found that other people had said they’d experienced. He was so sick that he would just take whatever I gave him. In fact he had lost all hope of anything helping and was just ready to pass on.

At his next appointment when we told his doctor that Ara was drinking Original Limu™, his doctor commented on how great the nutrients are in this kind of superfood, and that nutrition was key to Ara’s health. He told us to keep doing what we were doing, that we were on the right track.

Ara doesn’t need the inhaler given him and has almost no difficulty in breathing with moderate activity. He has been singing and playing his harmonica in church again. His night coughing has disappeared and his wheezing has stopped.

Due to his loss of appetite he had to force any food down, a symptom of kidney failure. But his appetite is back, which I believe is a good sign of getting better.

He has balance again to where we’re not having to steady him on his feet anymore, though he still tires if he over does it. He gets around moderately, but pretty normal now. Though much improved, he still lacks in stamina, but he says," I feel I’m getting stronger everyday."

His eye sight is improving. He can see to drive again (with his glasses). Also, everyone tells him his eyes look brighter. Because of his deteriated vision and other health conditions, he had not driven for several months.

After 6 weeks his kidney functions stabilized per his lab report. His kidney panel remains stabilized. Protein in the urine is down from 5000 to 3000, and his cholesterol has dropped to 297. That's nearly 200 points. His elimination functions have returned to almost normal. We had not seen any improvements with his kidneys before, only a steady decline. We’re still hoping for his creatinine levels to come down which are still above 3, but for now we are happy that he has not had to start dialysis.

He has reduce his insulin from 10-12, ½ cc to 7-8, ½ cc and now down to 4-6, ½ cc, and if he does ANY activity or has any cinnamin he has to pull back even more. He is learning to adjust his insulin for activity beyond sitting on the couch.

Ara used to blast our ear drums with the tv, but after about 5 month's we noticed him watching tv with the volume real low. I asked him if he could hear it and he said, "yes."

Ara’s ice cold hands and feet, that not even a heating pad could help, are warm now. He no longer has to wear multiple layers of clothing because of being cold in 90 degree weather. Instead of asking us to turn the air conditioner off, he’s asking for it to be turned on.

The stiffness in his ankles that caused him to shuffle when he walked is almost gone. What he desribed as the sensation of needles sticking in his feet has been relieved. On his left leg he had a major varicose vein. It has diminished substantially. It would be interesting to do another sonogram on his leg that back in November 2006 the technician said had -0- circulation.

His brain functions are better. His speech and thoughts are clearer. He is now sleeping deeply all night. People can once again understand what he’s saying. His mood is more upbeat and he's not so sensitive about minor stuff.

Ara was a skeleton, but is now regaining some muscle mass. He'd been telling me for years that we were getting old, that he felt like he was about 90. I believe he felt that way because his health was declining. I kept telling him that it was bad health, not old age. He says he feels alive again for the first time in many years, and that he feels many years younger.

After not having a erythropoietin injection for 6 weeks for his anemia, his lab came back at an Hgb level of 11.9 up from 9-10. Also, the last couple of times at the doctor’s office, the lab tech asked if he had been taking blood thinners because his blood was coming out much easier. His answer was no. During the last blood withdrawal the nurse commented on breaking the vessel and that he would have a nasty bruise. The bruise never showed up!

At the time Ara was admitted into the hospital we were gradually changing to a low glycemic, organic, wholefood diet (about 80-85% now). We choose low glycemic carbohydrates and replaced what little sugar and flour we consume with minimally processed natural sweeteners and whole grains.

Although Ara’s incredible turn around didn't come about until he started drinking Original Limu™, I believe changing to an organic, wholefood diet was key in aiding the nutrient, fucoidan, to go right to work. Fucoidan is the main nutrient in Original Limu™. In other words, The Fucoidan wasn’t hindered by primarily battling excessive toxins and synthetic foods. However, many people have benefitted substantially, and in some cases immediately, without a change in their diet other than adding Original Limu™. So I said all that to say this, I believe Original Limu as part of a good diet is synergetic.

I've spent countless hours for the past 15+ years in research, study and application of conventional and natural medicine. In most recent years I have focused on nutrition and biochemistry. There are many good health products on the market that we have benefitted from. Taking all of this into consideration, I have NEVER experienced results such as this! No exaggeration.

I know we're all going to physically die someday, but I don't believe it has to be needlessly in a multi-disease ridden body and mentally dysfunctional.

I can’t predict to what extent Ara’s health will improve, but if it doesn’t get any better than where he’s at right now, our family couldn’t be happier!

In the midst of our family’s greatest crisis, challenged with keeping Ara alive and at a place (Flea Market) where we were just trying to make grocery money for the week, someone introduced us to Original Limu!

It has altered Ara's fate.

If we didn't believe that this is one of the most incredible health products we've come across, we wouldn't be sharing it.

We’ve made it our mission to be the same answer to other people's prayers.....

God bless,
Lynda Kay
Proverbs 17:22

http://www.DrinkToYourNaturalHealth.com
http://www.DiscoverLimuTODAY.com

Disclaimer: Original Limu™ is not intended to treat, prevent, diagnose, or cure any disease or illness. However, when the body is given the nutrients it needs, the immune system is supported enabling the body to heal itself, and may display some amazing results! Original Limu™ is not a drug, but is a nutritious food supplement, and therefore has not been evaluated by the FDA. Any information given is for education and informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advise or opinion.

Ebenezer

Thanks, Dennis.

I knew of the state & the gourd, but hadn't noticed the difference in spelling. I don't think google noticed either.

Further testing & observation indicates that replacing 1 metformin tablet with karela is possible with much the same effect on my BS levels (which are generally well-controlled.) I take 3 metformin, 1 after lunch & 2 after dinner.

Willemse

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ebenezer</i>
<br />Thanks, Dennis.

I knew of the state & the gourd, but hadn't noticed the difference in spelling. I don't think google noticed either.

Further testing & observation indicates that replacing 1 metformin tablet with karela is possible with much the same effect on my BS levels (which are generally well-controlled.) I take 3 metformin, 1 after lunch & 2 after dinner.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hi There,

Interesting, I am on 2 metformin, first to be taken with breakfast in the morning and the second with dinner in the evening

Hank Hba1c 7.8 T2

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Ebenezer,

Remember that if you want to experiment with replacement of prescribed drugs with alternative treatments, you should always let your GP know. GPs these days are a lot more receptive to alternative therapies than they were a few years ago. But even the Ayurvedic websites say that it takes 18-24 months of treatment to really see the full effects.

Hank,

With an HBA1C of just under 8 I would say you have a long way to go before you can claim to have good control. I am not being nasty - just realistic - my own HBA1C is very similar to yours. If you want to try karela or gymnema sylvestre (widely regarded as better than karela as an Ayurvedic diabetes treatment) then all it can harm is your bank balance, but it shouldn't do your health any harm. But take them as a supplement to your meds - using them to replace your prescribed meds would be very dangerous.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I think the forum members would really like to hear what sort of ingrediants go into these tablets,diabetic man.We are open to all sorts of things here but they must be open and above board otherwise they just get consigned to the 'snakeoil'pile.As you can imagine diabetics are considered easy prey for the quacks and snakeoil sellers.If you want us to consider your herbal remedy then give us some info. on them!

Knowledge is the key to control

Reactions: 2 people