Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got back from dsn, and it's 39/5.7.
She was a bit concerned that it's too low. X

mch1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well got my test tomorrow, been 3 months since my last one and scored 42 not sure what percent that is, anyway had my meds halved from 320 gms glic to 160gms so not expecting a good result, my readings have definitely been higher, to be honest I am dreading the outcome

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

benjygirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
disrespectful people
Mine was 6.5 at my last review and my GP told me that this is too low. What I can't understand is that it was 6.5 last year and I was praised for having good control. Have they changed the levels recently ?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine was 6.5 at my last review and my GP told me that this is too low. What I can't understand is that it was 6.5 last year and I was praised for having good control. Have they changed the levels recently ?

There aren't any official levels - it's just your doctor's opinion. Ask a different doctor and you'll get a different answer. Mine is quite happy with my 5.9%. I suppose as long as you are not having too many hypos to reach that level then it's OK.

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
Mine was 6.7% at the last test but trying to get it down to at least 6 if I can!! Wish me luck! Lol!

Reactions: 2 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
83 / 9.7%

I am officially ****. :-(

Oh well that's why they have given me a pump and I've started forking out for the CGM again. Hopefully it will work

daisymoomoo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dentures
Mushy Peas
Injecting
I'm at my lowest ever, last week I clocked a 6, so as far as pre-pregnancy goes, I've hit the target I was aiming for!

kelp84

How do you all do it?
I have been diabetic for such a long time and just can't seem to get into the good range!!! -
It's 69mmol now about 8.5 I am desperate to get it down as would like to think about starting a family in the next few years and I think currently my levels are just too high! I would like to be between 6.0 and 7.0
Thanks for any advice

daisymoomoo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dentures
Mushy Peas
Injecting
How do you all do it?
I have been diabetic for such a long time and just can't seem to get into the good range!!! -
It's 69mmol now about 8.5 I am desperate to get it down as would like to think about starting a family in the next few years and I think currently my levels are just too high! I would like to be between 6.0 and 7.0
Thanks for any advice

I asked to see the DSN who deals specifically with pre-pregnancy. My experience has been more appointments and great support to get you to your goal. 1st appointment she put me on the continuous blood glucose monitor, to get a picture of how woeful my control was. I remember crying when we got the results. But no trelling me off or bad words. She said we needed to see the full picture to get things moving in the right direction. We messed about with meters until I found 1 I liked and USED as often as I should. We tweaked and re-tweaked meds and we got there.

The key is to know exactly where you are now, in order to get where you need to be, and taking that step is really difficult - trust me - i'm the Queen of cancelling clinic appointments to avoid getting results! Start at home with the basics, fasting and bed time blood sugars for a week - write them down and evaluate them. Move on from there, it won't happen overnight, but it will happen!

kelp84

Ok I will try my support team just don't seem that good really!
I am gonna make an appointment with my doctor see if they can help- I have been on DAFNE but struggle so much to keep a record of what I'm doing that's my largest problem!!!
When you say fasting what do you mean? The morning bloods?

daisymoomoo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dentures
Mushy Peas
Injecting
Ok I will try my support team just don't seem that good really!
I am gonna make an appointment with my doctor see if they can help- I have been on DAFNE but struggle so much to keep a record of what I'm doing that's my largest problem!!!
When you say fasting what do you mean? The morning bloods?

Yes as soon as you are up, wash your hands and do your blood sugar. When you finger prick, wipe off the 1st drop then use the 2nd.
When are you in Diabetic clinic next, if its soon, why not ring and ask if you can see the nurse as well as the consultant?

Lin 26

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bad manners
Bad driving
Greed
Disrespecting others
Bullying
H
Yes as soon as you are up, wash your hands and do your blood sugar. When you finger prick, wipe off the 1st drop then use the 2nd.
When are you in Diabetic clinic next, if its soon, why not ring and ask if you can see the nurse as well as the consultant?
iii daisymoomoo please can you explain to me why the second blood droplet? I didn't know to do this. Thanks LinLin