easter eggs

richard256

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being on call
TRUTH TIME! WHO HAS NIBBLED A BIT OF NON DIABETIC CHOCOLATE EASTER EGG TODAY? COME ON YOU KNOW
WHO YOU ARE!!RICHARD

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i have eaten 2 now lol one of friday and one today, they were 70% and i hope i never see any more chocolate again as long as i live, i have also been bought X6 bars count em X6 bars of 90% lindt lol which is what i asked for not the egss, theres something about the shape of them that gets me, ok im off to be sick then give myself 20 lashes

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Why have the diabetic stuff that can give you upset tum when Cadbury is sooooooooo good. A little extra insulin and no worries hey!

Reactions: 7 people
K

Kat100

I have a 70% one for later a lovely looking egg......ummmm

I have eaten two of the diabetic chocolate wafer bars ......because I am addicted to them x

anniwoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
beetroot, Simon Cowell and spiders
Had a couple of Kinder eggs, the kids have got their eggs and I have managed to scrounge a coffee cream sweet off them 'cos they don't like them. Had a pear instead took my glasses off to eat it, it looks sort of egg shaped then

Helsin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not a one. I had a bit of a sweet craving after a walk, so had some sugar-free lime jelly with a little cream. That helped and left my mouth feeling fresher than chocolate would.

Reactions: 3 people

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not a one. I had a bit of a sweet craving after a walk, so had some sugar-free lime jelly with a little cream. That helped and left my mouth feeling fresher than chocolate would.

Can't be a bit of sugar free jelly and cream. I've got lime jelly lined up for after tea!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've kept myself to six Smarties mini eggs so far. That's 102 calories and 14.9g carbs. But I have walked 7.5 miles today in the rain which balances things out a little.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I indulge at easter a little. I ate chocolate at christmas too but my readings are never above 7.2 or 7.3 if I do this and all my early morning readings are in the range 4.7 - 5.3.

I avoided everything like the plague when I was first diagnosed but now that all my readings are in the normal zone and now that I am used to doing both daily exercise, these things won't hurt. But, I still check the bloods to be sure! I know what will happen if I say 'to hell with it'. Thankfully, I find these things too sweet now so perhaps I have weened myself off it.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
no eggs, just a piece of my wife's birthday cake.

Mothership

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
dog mess anywhere
No chocolate, don't fancy it anymore☺

SophSmiles

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had a kinder egg and a cadburys creme egg, I'm finding it hard having a house full of chocolate

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I ate the remaining10g of 85% green and blacks in my cupboard. Not been tempted by my grandchildren's eggs. Lucky me. I think I'm still at the "scared to eat anything that will sent me over 6 " stage.

popsy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
i have eaten 2 now lol one of friday and one today, they were 70% and i hope i never see any more chocolate again as long as i live, i have also been bought X6 bars count em X6 bars of 90% lindt lol which is what i asked for not the egss, theres something about the shape of them that gets me, ok im off to be sick then give myself 20 lashes

Hah get someone else to give you 20 lashes Andy! It's much more interesting :watching:

Easter has passed us by without a sideways glance. I actually had no idea it was Easter so soon believe it or not. I tried to make a Doc appt for Monday only to be told "We are closed" I asked why! The receptionist probably has a little note on my file saying I have lost the plot completely. Well, she's right really but not for the reasons she thinks :rolleyes:

Having kids is a dead give-away really. How on earth CAN you avoid those eggs? I never could and probably wouldn't now except that we simply don't buy them, Johnny isn't interested in eggs. He's one of those who are convinced that 'Industry' is out to get yah, this is industry everywhere and whatever..conspiracy theories or what?! So it's no to yummy choccie eggs and I didn't even get a craving for Cream Eggs this year either. I know, I know... they're revolting......but I love 'em! The only egg I bought was for my grandson and I know he can't eat them but it had little cars in it and he got some Hot Wheels as well. His parents must have a great time at Easter 'cos how could I NOT get him one even though it will never get anywhere near him ;)

So I hope that whoever amongst us has eaten a scrummy choccie egg, thoroughly enjoyed it, ate it with relish and didn't feel sinful although us T2D's might feel rotten sick after not having anything like that for a while :happy:

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I ate 1/4 of a 70% egg, 1 small dark chocolate egg (size of Creme egg but hollow) and eventually I had a Creme egg, which have always been my favourite! I thoroughly enjoyed it but did do hypo an hour later so expecting a high before bed :(

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I ate 1/4 of a Belgian chocolate 70% egg. I could have eaten more but walked away! I found it was much easier to over eat the egg than chocolate in a bar. I do feel a bit sick though so maybe it was a good job I didn't eat more