Creative User Names

munday1932

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
cold weather.People who criticize my town but don't help to make it better.Please can I go back to me user name which is Kentish maid
for some reason when they changed the formate they changed my name.

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
:eek:Well I used to be Weirderopal in MSN chat years ago, an msn generated name.
And because of my love of Opals I came up with Opalshards for Yahoo.
Although I don't mind being Weird. lol

munday1932

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
cold weather.People who criticize my town but don't help to make it better.Please can I go back to me user name which is Kentish maid
they changed my name to and I can't get them to change it back to Kentish maid.

picklebean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine is a mixture of two other names I use online - just for some variation I suppose. :happy:

Dogbutler

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Less a name, more of a job description really (at least that's what my darling mutts seem to think).

Reactions: 5 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Less a name, more of a job description really (at least that's what my darling mutts seem to think).
LO! Well thank your lucky stars that you are merely a butler and not a lowly slave....

Your avatar reminds me of what my mother used to call one of my fathers dogs many years ago: she had big long ears and my mum used to hold them out sideways, and call her "Bat Ears".

Robbity

Dogbutler

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
LO! Well thank your lucky stars that you are merely a butler and not a lowly slave....

Your avatar reminds me of what my mother used to call one of my fathers dogs many years ago: she had big long ears and my mum used to hold them out sideways, and call her "Bat Ears".

Robbity[/QU

That's very true, although given the way the little buggers use their canine charms to manipulate me, slave is probably closer to the truth.
When I feel particularly hard done by, I call the westie big nose - under my breath obviously...

Dogbutler

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Yeah, butler is a bit up market when I think about what the little buggers get me to do.
Slave is definitely closer to the mark.
When I do get a bit peeved by my dog related duties, I call the westie big nose - under my breath obviously...

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunneras are small, hardy, shade loving plants with exquisite forget-me-not blue flowers.

I was searching for a user name that was both unique-ish and easy to remember and leafed through a gardening book... Added the 'I', and the rest, as they say, is history. Been using it for years, and still feel comfortable with it. Although I do sometimes wonder if I am guilty of false advertising.

Dog butler, we have a cat and a dog. In our case, the dog does at least give something back. The cat on the other hand, barely bothers to acknowledge our existence, unless
  1. We are late with food
  2. He has wet cold feet and want to sit on us to dry off
  3. We fail to anticipate/psychically divine his needs (in which case he trips us up)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Brunneras are small, hardy, shade loving plants with exquisite forget-me-not blue flowers.

I was searching for a user name that was both unique-ish and easy to remember and leafed through a gardening book... Added the 'I', and the rest, as they say, is history. Been using it for years, and still feel comfortable with it. Although I do sometimes wonder if I am guilty of false advertising.

Dog butler, we have a cat and a dog. In our case, the dog does at least give something back. The cat on the other hand, barely bothers to acknowledge our existence, unless
  1. We are late with food
  2. He has wet cold feet and want to sit on us to dry off
  3. We fail to anticipate/psychically divine his needs (in which case he trips us up)
We only had our cat for 3 months. He was a rescue cat, he'd been in a car accident, no one wanted him and sadly his kidneys packed in. He was a real sweetie and everyone loved him. Except for my hubbie. They developed a mutual dislike for each other. My hubbie would chase him off the sofa to sit down (he was absolutely enormous and when he lay down, he stretched over the entire 2 seater sofa) and Fred would often go and sit by his feet, do a little poo and walk off. I know this is gross but I'm sure it was pay back! When his kidneys packed up, he came into our room and puked all over my hubbies feet. Sadly we lost him a couple of days later. The neighbourhood and I (he was soo friendly) mourned his death but I cannot say the same for my husband....

Reactions: 6 people

Flakey Bake

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Flakey Bake. I would like to say everything tastes better when wrapped in pastry. Alas it is my husbands pet name for me, given in honour of my moderate psoriasis problem and the fact I tend to shed skin everywhere like a flakey baked pasty; sorry you did ask :facepalm:.

Reactions: 4 people

Blaize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use it in gaming I like World of Warcraft and my first character was a warlock I called her blaizeria but everyone in game calls me Blaize.

Normally I'd use tongsyahbas but a recent abusive message on another net forum from an Iranian who was raised in Scotland and took it upon himself to birate me with horrid messages full of hate and bile.

Being Scottish born and raised I fully understand the meaning of the phrase u just used it in jest when joining a forum years ago for that tv show the salon and found if funny when I thought about a Scottish hairdresser what would have been said if he wanted curling tongs passed to him. Then remembering that scotch and wry sketch in the operating theatre asking for forceps and the rest was history.

Reactions: 2 people

Dougal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I used to work with loads of RAF pilots, and a disastrous visit to the hairdresser's one day left me looking like, well, Dougal from the Magic Roundabout. Unfortunately I have not managed to come up with anything better. :shy:

blueeyed81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Over the years I've had several nicks, different forums, chat sites depends on the nick. I've got vampireyes on a bingo site lol I just use what comes toind when signing up at the time :) :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Peacetrain - one of my favourite songs.
I love children's paintings and my avatar is a painting of a cat by one of the 5 year olds in my class.

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Les for Lesley sci for my love of science fiction. Also known as backrowdiva in a brass band forum cos that's where I sit!

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine is due to my Grandmother, I was an outspoken "lively" bairn, and her most frequent comment to me was " You're a right little heathen lass!":mad:

No change there, I'm glad to say :cat:

The avatar is "He Who Must Be Obeyed"

Jovigirl7

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use it in gaming I like World of Warcraft and my first character was a warlock I called her blaizeria but everyone in game calls me Blaize.

Normally I'd use tongsyahbas but a recent abusive message on another net forum from an Iranian who was raised in Scotland and took it upon himself to birate me with horrid messages full of hate and bile.

Being Scottish born and raised I fully understand the meaning of the phrase u just used it in jest when joining a forum years ago for that tv show the salon and found if funny when I thought about a Scottish hairdresser what would have been said if he wanted curling tongs passed to him. Then remembering that scotch and wry sketch in the operating theatre asking for forceps and the rest was history.

LMAO being Scottish too I totally understand very funny. Anyway mine is straightforward I think , I'm a hugh BonJovi fan and my lucky no which is also my birthday day is 7. x