Insurance

broads

Diagnosed Sept 2008. Two tests 7.1 and 7.3 or round about that. Notified car insurance and annual holiday insurance (Europe) No probs at all. If I need to go on to go medication do I need to notify them again?

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Hi Broads,
I think you do need to inform your insurance company of any changes, if you make a claim of any sort it will ensure you are covered.

Regards Graham

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites

Luckydave

I am type 2 take metformin/insulin daily have notified DVLA and all my insurers and no problems at all don't think I pay any more than non diabetic customers I have 3 policies(car/motorcycle/campervan) with different companies and am named on wifes policy,I'm always honest and answer all questions properly but only give information they ask for i.e don't tell them too much.I haven't bought travel insurance recently but don't bother with health insurance that pays mortgage if ill as I think it's not possible to claim being diabetic.
broads said:
Thanks Graham, do you think it might make any difference to insurance costs?

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Steve's advice is only partly correct. As explained on the Government information website, Direct.gov, drivers do not need to tell DVLA if their diabetes is treated by tablets, diet or both and they are free of complications.

For a list of when you do need to notify DVLA here is a link to the official information
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Dr ... G_10030957