Diabetes app

kelp84

Hey guys looking for a phone app that will help me track my levels what carbs I have eaten and what insulin I have taken
Any suggestions?
Thanks

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm using mysugr - seems to have everything you'd want in an app

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Another vote for MySugr. The monster turned into the Easter bunny at the weekend. My kids loved it x

Adrian1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I use carbs and cals app for my insulin calculations but use glucose buddy app for recording my levels.

The best feature I find is the 'average ' bm level. It gives me focus and determination to keep my bm levels good just to see this average figure within range.

Good luck
Adrian

I can't off guaranteed advice but I am certainly willing to share my 30 years T1 experience with others

Danny Prince

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My Likes
You can actually get a reader for your phone, that adds all your levels to your phone you can say if you've been exercising etc too if your levels are abit off, its called "iBGSTAR" I don't use the reader any more as i moved onto an accu-chek pump but i did really like that reader, it stores everything - Bg, Correction amounts, and just regular bolus, really helpful to have ;D

H

Hooked

You can actually get a reader for your phone, that adds all your levels to your phone you can say if you've been exercising etc too if your levels are abit off, its called "iBGSTAR" I don't use the reader any more as i moved onto an accu-chek pump but i did really like that reader, it stores everything - Bg, Correction amounts, and just regular bolus, really helpful to have ;D

I have the iBGStar test machine and I love it. Fab being able to record sugar levels, carb and insulin amounts as well as notes. Also able to look at graph, averages etc as well as emailing the results. Not to mention it's a tiny machine and less to carry when attached to the phone.

daisymoomoo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dentures
Mushy Peas
Injecting
I love my iBGSTAR and have it attached to my iphone and use the software. I got a case from Canada which makes it very neat & 1 unit, so it is always to hand. Every 2 weeks I send the reading by e-mail to my DSN and its all too easy. Is anyone using it with a 3GS btw?

Reactions: 2 people
H

Hooked

I love my iBGSTAR and have it attached to my iphone and use the software. I got a case from Canada which makes it very neat & 1 unit, so it is always to hand. Every 2 weeks I send the reading by e-mail to my DSN and its all too easy. Is anyone using it with a 3GS btw?

Oooh, I like the sound of that case, do you have a link please?

daisymoomoo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dentures
Mushy Peas
Injecting
Oooh, I like the sound of that case, do you have a link please?

Link:-
http://starsystem.sanofi.ca/products/ibgstar-case-iphone

It was a complete **** to get!
They ONLY sell it in Canada and will not ship out of Canada.
They will not take extra money or ANYTHING to ship the item out of Canada... Crazy!

I am going to order a new 4S case between now & June as my sister in law is currently out there working - so maybe inbox me if you don't have a Canadian contact & we can arrange a bulk buy or something.

Are you on a 4/4S or 3GS?
If you are on a 3GS I will gladly gift you my old 1 - its in perfect condition - I upgraded to a 4S.

H

Hooked

Link:-
http://starsystem.sanofi.ca/products/ibgstar-case-iphone

It was a complete **** to get!
They ONLY sell it in Canada and will not ship out of Canada.
They will not take extra money or ANYTHING to ship the item out of Canada... Crazy!

I am going to order a new 4S case between now & June as my sister in law is currently out there working - so maybe inbox me if you don't have a Canadian contact & we can arrange a bulk buy or something.

Are you on a 4/4S or 3GS?
If you are on a 3GS I will gladly gift you my old 1 - its in perfect condition - I upgraded to a 4S.

Thanks. I'm on a 4S, which I got especially because I wanted to get an IBGStar. Best thing I ever did. Makes life much easier.

daisymoomoo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dentures
Mushy Peas
Injecting
Thanks. I'm on a 4S, which I got especially because I wanted to get an IBGStar. Best thing I ever did. Makes life much easier.
You will not know yourself when you get the case!
I'll try and upload a pic later, it does really look the part too.

Reactions: 3 people

daisymoomoo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dentures
Mushy Peas
Injecting
The iPhone 4S, with iBGSTAR attached in a smart case from Canada.
No need to disconnect for charging, you can do it all via the mini USB cable thru a small hole in the bottom of the case - it charges the meter & the phone.
Having everything together like this does make it easier to manage for me as I go nowhere without my phone!
photo1.jpg
photo2.jpg

H

Hooked

The iPhone 4S, with iBGSTAR attached in a smart case from Canada.
No need to disconnect for charging, you can do it all via the mini USB cable thru a small hole in the bottom of the case - it charges the meter & the phone.
Having everything together like this does make it easier to manage for me as I go nowhere without my phone!View attachment 4337 View attachment 4338
Love it! I'm gonna message the UK branch to see if they are considering introducing them here.

daisymoomoo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dentures
Mushy Peas
Injecting
Sorry hit reply too soon - no demand!! The silicone mini cases are all you are getting - I'm in NI & sent a uk & irish request & both were the same!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow that looks great. I must admit I do get bored adding in all my numbers! X