Pretty id bracelet

Twinks

Hi everyone! I was diagnosed over a year ago now and still have not got myself an I.D bracelet, the ones that I have looked at are either too expensive or to plain, I want something I can wear day to day but isn't plain and boring any suggestions?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Online site called Ice Gems offer ( at last time of looking) a wide range of great id and medical bracelets. Have a look, I think you'll find something to like.

Reactions: 4 people

daisymoomoo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dentures
Mushy Peas
Injecting
Have a look at diabeticjewellery.co.uk for something slightly more fun/less official
You can buy the ones in stock or have them made to your spec.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have an existing bracelet you like to wear? If you do, why not have a disc from somewhere like medicalert.org.uk and add it to your favoured piece? They do sterling silver and 9ct gold, as well as the usual stainless and nickel plated stuff.

As an aside, they also appear to do an exchange/update service whereby you send back an existing tag and they replace it with one bearing the new information. They then sell your "old" metalwork, which offsets the replacement cost.

Thankfully, I don't feel the need to wear such an item, but this might be the route I would take if I did.