Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

daisymoomoo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dentures
Mushy Peas
Injecting
My DSN told me that often times the blood close to the skin can be the last to register changes & can be 'old' so this gets things moving a little & is a more accurate reading. I do it automatically with all my blood tests now.

Does that make sense, I found it tricky to put in writing!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

Lin 26

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bad manners
Bad driving
Greed
Disrespecting others
Bullying
My DSN told me that often times the blood close to the skin can be the last to register changes & can be 'old' so this gets things moving a little & is a more accurate reading. I do it automatically with all my blood tests now.

Does that make sense, I found it tricky to put in writing!

Oh ok thanks x

mch1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just had my results back and they came in at 38 down from 42 with a reduction in gliclazide from 320gms to 160 per day waiting to hear from my diabetes nurse to see if I can reduce my glic further, I was told that 38 is classed as normal, does anyone know what normal is supposed to mean :)

daisymoomoo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dentures
Mushy Peas
Injecting
Just had my results back and they came in at 38 down from 42 with a reduction in gliclazide from 320gms to 160 per day waiting to hear from my diabetes nurse to see if I can reduce my glic further, I was told that 38 is classed as normal, does anyone know what normal is supposed to mean :)

In Diabetic terms, 'normal' means you're doing everything right - keep up the good work...

dizzydoll

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm not 100% sure but the graph in my daughters bg diary doesn't go any lower than 31 so maybe thats the lowest it should be

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
  • For people without diabetes, the range is 20-41 mmol/mol
    (4-5.9%)
  • For people with diabetes, an HbA1c level of 48 mmol/mol
    (6.5%)
    is considered good control, although some people may prefer their numbers to be closer to that of non-diabetics
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/what-is-hba1c.html

Jaz253

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Government politic management anywhere, extreme religion approach, uninformed doctors
Just wanted to share mine because dont quite understand how it works... Is it possible to be putting too much insulin?! Mine (on the last week of march) was at 6.6% which to me doesnt make any sense since before that time I ate all kind of sweets... cookies, loads of white bread :( Im trying to take care since then cause no longer can recognize my hypos. Any light on this would be pretty much appreciated since Im new on this control thing ;)

MM160965

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine is 89 and my gp has referred me to diabetes clinic for poor control what is the normal levels and how can I get them down I eat what I want and would like a good diet plan if anyone has 1 I probes could do with losing a stone or 2 I'm 9st 10
But have always been around the 8st mark I think I've out more weight on since being diagnosed 3 yrs ago HELP ! feeling really stressed out

mch1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Spoke with my dn today has asked me to drop from 160gms of glic to 80 hope I can keep my levels at 38 but it will be a real test, still nice to be down from 320gms 10 months ago

K

Kat100

My April reading was 5.7 39%

And a big thank you to Andrew Colvin who helped with the maths of it ....

It was 18 fourteen months ago , I am really pleased ....

Reactions: 5 people