Pump Theme Tune

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
Don't think so as I have a vibe, jus think it's standard tunes. Haven't been told anything different @Engineer88, do you know???

Reactions: 2 people

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not sure if you can, who told you, that you could?? Maybe @Engineer88 knows as I don't and she has the same pump as us...

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Not 100% sure but think you need to use the diasend software to be able to do this. :)
Had a look at diasend and can only see the food data base on there. The old ezmanager or what ever the old software was called allowed you to choose a tune. That was for the 2020 pump though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dia send down loads and up loads food carbs, haven't seen it offering to upload tunes?? But wil look again when I upload, which will be soon :). Just looked on the animas website, and nothing about changing tunes, but if you did I'd have yo ask how much does that eat into battery life , as really only need to download food index, which is helpful in controlling bs, rather than adding a few tunes, where as standard will alert you as no memory on the pump. I'd rather give up tunes on the Animas, rather than food bank. Sorry my personal opinion. At the end of the day, sorry to be harsh, this is a bit of medical equipment, not a toy.

And the pump alerts are meant to annoy you, into action as their is a problem. Not something you can tap your foot/arm/fingers to. They are to spring you into action.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'd be surprised if you could upload music over that ****** infrared port which is the Vibe's only bridge to the t'internet.

Shame as I am about ready to kill when I hear that tinny 8 bit Beethoven alarm! :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Don't think so as I have a vibe, jus think it's standard tunes. Haven't been told anything different @Engineer88, do you know???

No whats this?!? want if you can!!

I'm starting to get used to my alarm - it doesnt always wake me but does my partner :angelic: so changing the tune would be good and keep me on my toes!

If you manage to get the food thog set up @Julie1471 please let me know how. I had a go and wanted to throw the **** mac out the window.

@Giverny Why didnt the alert system work? I wasnt notified that I was tagged?

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm sure the rep told us that they had to go through some sort of lengthy approval process for the tune to warn you of things. It had to be one that you couldn't ignore and was quite 'insistent' (if you know what I mean). I wouldn't want to change it in case I started ignoring it. Would be interesting to know though!

pumppimp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
you could definitely change the old 2020 tune to one you made up yourself using the ezmanager software. But I don't think the diasend does the same. I still have the ezmanager I might try and see if the vibe will connect with it as well or if it's too outdated and see if it can work. I quite like fur elise if I'm honest though.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I quite like fur elise if I'm honest though.
Doh I thought it was Beethoven's 9th. Must get my ears checked.

There is still some ezManager equivalent for the Vibe, for uploading food lists. There's no chance you would get an MP3 over that IR link but you might get some cheezy 8 bit ringtone type of tune uploaded.