• Start Date

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
I believe calories are a made up thing to ake people feel bad so i ignore those completly ! I just count carbs means u can have steak (a whacki g gert bit) with spinach aspargus and peppercorn sauce and not have to take much insulin at all its good and well steak!!

sent from planet look at me look at meee!!!

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Nicola, I am on a low carbs diet and have lost quite a lot of weight, I had to increase my fat intake as I just kept losing. I don't worry about the calories, I eat any type of meat, fish, tinned fish (salmon, Tuna, Pilchards, sardines), lots of leafy vegetables, broccoli, cauliflour, Asparagus salads, Avocado with vinaigrette dressing, omlettes (mushroom, ham, cheese). You can use strips of courgette in place of spaghetti, mashed or grated cauliflour in place of rice, I put a layer of mashed swede on top of my shepherds Pie instead of mash potato, just be a bit careful with veg that grow below ground as they tend to be a bit higher in carbs. If you fancy sweet thing, there are some low carb recipes on Food.com and on the Forum here. I sometimes have sugar free jelly with double cream, or coffee with double cream, full fat natural yoghurt with berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries).

I am T2 so need to keep my carbs quite low as I find they spike my bg, but as a T1 you can eat more carbs (just not huge amounts) and inject to offset it I guess (sorry don't know much about T1), but I hope this has given you some ideas.

Marilyn x

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

Hello, nice to meet you, is there anyone you can talk to about feeling depressed ?
Good to talk in confidence to someone if you think it might help , your gp practice can arrange this service but there might be a waiting list...

Have you thought about keeping a positive diary , it's amazing how we over look the small positive achievements we all achieve ....
Just coming on this site is positive .....

Achieve small goals ....give yourself positive rewards ....they don't have to be food ....

Use three c mantra .....

I am calm

I have confidence

I have courage

Believe in yourself .....you can do things which will improve your way of thinking and your lifestyle .....Kat x

Aoife8

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Nicola, i have just started on a low carb diet about two weeks ago and have lost 4lb with zero exercise which i am over the moon about..just think how much i could have lost if i threw some exercise into the mix! lol I love food full of carbs. my biggest weakness being mash and garlic potato's (literally obsessed with them). So I sat down one day and wrote a list of the foods i ate and researched to see if i could replace them with a healthier alternative. the low carb forums on this really helped! I went around the supermarket and looked a labels and tired to make a different meals. It's still really hard esp when im at uni and everyone's eating chips but it's worth it! Start off with little changes and go from there! Once you start seeing the benefits it will motivate you to keep going!

If you need a chat feel free to message me :)

Reactions: 2 people