coffee

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 13 people

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Sanguine
Loved your comment, still sharp for your age !

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well it didn't work for me. Maybe I was just hedging my bets by masturbating as well and I kept spilling it, I don't know ...

(Reference to http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/diabetes-masturbation-is-good-for-you.50256/ if you haven't read it!)

Hi Rod, read it last night, and nearly wet myself laughing, it really did me the world of good to have a good old belly laugh. I do have a wicked sense of humour. The other thread that made laugh was the one on flatulence.

Marilyn

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Reactions: 3 people

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I shoudl be OK on at least 4 double espressos a day. Stops me falling asleep at the key board and pressing a key with my nosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :D

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lol

I would loooove this idea to be true.

But isn't it funny how the author of the article didn't have the gumption to point out that if you are guzzling 4 enormous lattes a day, with 5 sugars in each (like someone in my office), then perhaps the benefits would be less... 4 cups a day probably means 4 black filter coffees, no sugar.

Oh, and Mr B no longer drinks his 3 double espressos a day - and coincidentally, his blood pressure has returned to normal! Astonishing, eh? ;)

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol

I would loooove this idea to be true.

But isn't it funny how the author of the article didn't have the gumption to point out that if you are guzzling 4 enormous lattes a day, with 5 sugars in each (like someone in my office), then perhaps the benefits would be less... 4 cups a day probably means 4 black filter coffees, no sugar.

Oh, and Mr B no longer drinks his 3 double espressos a day - and coincidentally, his blood pressure has returned to normal! Astonishing, eh? ;)
My blood pressure is on the lower end of normal, RHR normally mid 40's, but as low as 36.

What would happen if I abandoned the pleasure of the sweet, dark, roasted bean juice? :dead:

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:p:p @ sanguine and Mrs Vibes.

I note the article suggests that drinking decaff doesn't apply - yet I've read somewhere that this IS actually good for diabetics (no mention of the standard variety though!) but as far as I can remember this wasn't from a study, scientific or otherwise...

Robbity

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Huh, Think like a Pancreas suggests that caffeine increases BG - and we all know the surest sign of having cured diabetes is a hyperglycemia.

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Surely this is to do with not drinking sugary drinks. When you are drinking coffee, you are not drinking something else. Would drinking water or tea have the same effect?

I've never drunk tea or coffee and wasn't encouraged to drink water. Right from childhood it was sugary squashes which led onto things like Orangina, regular cola and cartons of juice. No wonder my pancreas had enough.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Both sugar and caffeine stimulate the production of adrenaline putting excessive wear and tear on the ! ,
O dear I am about to put my foot in it :confused:,