Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Anyone waiting for a reply from the DVLA after renewing their licence, I sent mine off 4 weeks this Monday and haven't received a reply.

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Not at the moment but I waited about 7 weeks or so last time I downloaded and filled in the paperwork which felt like an eternity.:(

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not at the moment but I waited about 7 weeks or so last time I downloaded and filled in the paperwork which felt like an eternity.:(

Last time I'm sure I waited only 2 weeks, 7 weeks is an awful long time to wait.

I'm beginning to think it's been lost in the post, I was going to ring this afternoon but was too busy and completely forgot about it :rolleyes:

picklebean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I waited what seemed like months for my renewal... I don't think it was that long but it seemed like it!

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
About 4 weeks for a reply confirming my 3 year licence &asking for my old licence before they would issue my new one. The new arrived today, about another fortnight.

I'd assume any delay is between DVLA & your medical people confirming that they are happy for DLVA to issue one.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Renewed mine just after Christmas and they were surprisingly quick - about two weeks. Previous time they took about 2 months - maybe even more.

This time they didn't send the reminder or form so I rang them and got through straight away. The man put a form in the post and I received it the next day. He advised me to return it as a registered letter - they have to sign for those and usually deal with them immediately. Also had to renew my photo card which they did at the same time. Very efficient.

Smidge

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll give it another week before phoning.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Finally arrived this morning :)

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I applied in November had consultant visit in early April and still no license

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I applied in November had consultant visit in early April and still no license

Have you tried contacting the DVLA? If it's for a renewal you can still continue to drive as long as the DVLA have not told you otherwise.

MurrayT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm still waiting on mine did a medical and all for it and I'm still waiting tho I do have a avg of 10 used to be 17 blood sugers u no the month one

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App