ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
Hi Sophie,

Good luck - I didn't realise that there were so many people in Cumbria :blackeye:

I'm a Bucks resident, so 'light years' away from you... although, on a forum, you can be in Oz but still 'virtually' in the same room. :nailbiting:

If you're looking for 'real' people to meet up with (and I guess being T1 is a major preference), then you could try joining your local Diabetes UK group - see this link for details about groups in the Northwest: http://www.diabetes.org.uk/In_Your_...ing/Voluntary-groups/Listing-of-local-groups/

Best wishes,
Conrad

sophiebowness1

Thanks there's no groups that are close to my home, I just want someone that I can talk to,ask questions and rant to when down and that doesn't pretend to know what I'm going on about or completely switch off because they cannot be **** listening to x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 10 people

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thanks there's no groups that are close to my home, I just want someone that I can talk to,ask questions and rant to when down and that doesn't pretend to know what I'm going on about or completely switch off because they cannot be **** listening to x

Well, you come to the right place then - and whilst HQ isn't located in Cumbria, my year's experience on this forum has taught me that almost everyone can be ***** to listen. :)

Diabetes is a pain in the ****, legs, fingers, etc., and hugely misunderstood - even by the medical profession. Anyway, enough of the :pompous:, welcome and good luck with your diabetes.
C.

Chezzy89

Hi I'm Cheryl! I'm 25 been a type 1 diabetic for 16 years I live in Cumbria if u wanna chat! Just pm me or I'm on Facebook just look for Cheryl Fredericks xxx

Last edited by a moderator:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know how to pm on here or remove the email address x

OK go back to your post and select the edit box , bottom left of your post. Then you can delete/change the bits you want to and select 'save changes'

To send a PM click on the envelope, top right of screen. I have sent you one

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
OK go back to your post and select the edit box , bottom left of your post. Then you can delete/change the bits you want to and select 'save changes'

To send a PM click on the envelope, top right of screen. I have sent you one

Zand,

It might also be a good idea if you did the same with your first post on this: you've quoted her email! :facepalm:

JacHibbert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I'm a type one diabetic who lives in Cumbria, just wanted to see if there was anyone on here also from Cumbria, just would like some one to chat one with closer to home

Sophie x

Hi Sophie

I live in Cumbria and have been Type 1 since I was 3 (1972).

Currently on a Medtronic Insulin Pump, but have been on 5 injections per day with the pen, 2 injections per day with disposable syringes, and 1 injection per day with a a syringe my mam used to sterilise by putting it in a pan of boiling water that had a needle like a harpoon. :arghh:

Definitely don't have all the answers, but have a few years experience, more than happy to help if I can.

Jac

kitty55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
I'm in Cumbria as well Sophie. Been type 1 for almost 35 years now:). Just PM me if you want to chat x

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll be up there in a couple of weeks for a race and to visit my parents.